because scumbags

So my wife texts me today and says"did you use your debit card for anything recently." I said I bought a tie rod end for my car. She then responds by saying we are missing almost $1500 in our account. And of course I was like what the hell. Come to find out some piece of shit got my car number and went on a $1500 dollar shopping spree in Delaware. They started by buying a new i-pad from the apple store,Clair’s,anti-annes for pretzels, Wal mart, and some weird ass store.
I called apple and spoke to there store manager who said he is going to gather all the information he can and turn it over the the police.
I’m not sure how to fill out a police report with the Delaware police. STUPID SHIT!!! I will say it once more. I HATE PEOPLE.
has this happened to any of you? Did the people get caught?

This happened to me with a much smaller ammount of money, so Sefcu just put it back into my account. I think it was about $100.

I fucking hate people. Helping my sister move outa troy last night someone hit my car, and threw a milkshake on it. I didn’t even see the damage until I scrubbed the dried milk off when I got home. I am ready to go live like a hermit in the woods, before I end up killing someone and getting life.

Call you credit card company and cancel the transactions

It’s a debit card, not credit.
You have to deal with your bank.

Yeah we talked to the bank. We r taking steps to get our money back.

Sorry to hear…This is why I never use my debit card for any transactions, cause it directly taps into you bank account.

happened to me a couple times. my bank just gave me my money back and they went after the scammers.

no hassle beyond updating my card numbers on various web payment sites

+1 Had it happen, some auction site in Australia they bought a couple ipads. Bank did deduct it from my account, I had to call. They put the money back within 24 hours.

lol’d @ Clair’s

I posted something awhile ago…

Someone fucked me out of 1300, bank had it back in my account within 2 days though.

They said we should have it back by Tuesday. Just pisses me off that these people get away wilh that stuff free and clear. The thing that really sucks is that we keep pretty much all of our money in the bank. So we have $30 until Tuesday. Luckily we filled the civic up the other day so we r good there. But fuck!

Just don’t buy stuff with debit card. Period.

Yup. All done. I’m going Amish! Going to start the beard today. Hide my money in my sisters ass

Haha sisters ass. Best of luck man. Sucks ass

Is your sister pretty? If so, picts or it didn’t happend. :rofl

On my phone. Won’t allow me to post pics. Sorry

if she’s amish she ain’t hot. They don’t shave their legs so you know theyre not shaving their bush.

Looking like she’s smuggling Chewbacca up in that shit.

another +1

Just got my New debit card in the mail today! 3 time its happened and im super safe with my card and info. never use it!

Pretty sure it was paypal. My wife bought a case for her galaxy and a couple days after our number was being used. She was suppose to get the case yesterday and still no case. Again, I HATE PEOPLE!

If they used it at retail locations, the only way they could have done that is with an actual bin dump from the mag strip… unless the stores were manually keying a number off of a napkin. Zero chance of it happening any other way (aside from you losing your card). This means you were “skimmed” at an actual store or ATM.