Got robbed today...

So yea… I’m trying to buy a gift for mother’s day today, and my debit gets declined, due to insufficient funds. Weird, considering I just got paid and all. So, whatever, I go to the atm after to figure out what’s going on, I request a printout of my last ten transactions, and there’s a $440 withdrawal as the last one. And from a Green Machine at that. Called to get my card locked and all, and I’m gonna go figure this out tommorow. But yea… debit card scammers suck. Go get cancer or something. This was my first friggin paycheck, I was gonna buy a B&M shifter… I f*in ordered it today. Cunts.

brutal, thats ridiculous, how do ppl scam ur debit cards anyways?

Fake card readers attached to debit machines to read your card w/ hidden camera to capture pins.
Store employee double-swipes card (with a card reader hidden from customer), watches pin being entered.

Lots of stuff, covered by a couple of newspapers/shows a few months ago.

lesson: cover your pin at all times. no exceptions.

a friend of mine works at a&w in milton. this random guy came up to him and offered him 5 grand cash to set up a pin/card reader on their atm machine, he said no being a good guy but man thats messed up shit

Sorry to here that, is sucks when shit get’s taken from you.

I lost $2000 last summer when i went to cuba, only $500 max a day on one of my accounts. nailed me 4 days in a row.
cunts is right solarian. sorry to hear dude. u’ll get it back.

usually takes couple weeks, stupid b.s.

fkn horrible.

How exactly do these scams work?

I get scurred of getting caught. I should check my account every so often too.

I hardly use the ATMs and usually Interac everything.

Who do bad things happen to dumb people?

Why God WHY!!!

jk. I hope you get reimbursed or something man.

Don’t they need the physical card to go to the ATM though?

Oh and yeah you’ll get it back for sure…

Don’t they need the physical card to go to the ATM though?

Oh and yeah you’ll get it back for sure…[/quote]

That’s what the double swip is for, it steals the info on the strip. And then they just reprint a new card with that info.

Yea… The places I used my card on that day were not even that shady too. One purchase at IKEA, one purchase at Alta Nissan, and then finally a withdrawal at the Pmall green machine inside the TD bank there. The thing is, the bank was closed, so I suspect someone had the reader placed there. That and it was the last transaction.
Right now I just hope they hurry up with this, b/c it’ll be awhile before my next pay :S

Was it the actual TD machine in that other village/food court building? Or was it one of those 3rd party ATMs?

Heh, I was with my friend last week at the TD in the village and he withdrew some money from the machines inside the TD lobby; he used the ATM on the far right.

Yeah thats shady.

It was the actual TD machine inside the other building. I believe I used the middle one.

Sorry to hear about that. It’s a hassle, but you’ll get your money back.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but all they need is one swipe nowadays. Then bam your card is cloned.

If you don’t call PMall shady there is your first problem.

Sorry to hear about this though. I should be more careful to I don’t cover it like I should.

The pin isn’t stored on the card. They have to use a keystroke logger or a camera that sees you punching it in.

Yeah i meant PMall is the shadiest fucking place, next to Kowloon.

Haha, yea Pmall is pretty damn shady, but this is the TD Bank though, it’s not like it’s some small no-name atm inside Pmall.