because scumbags

Amazon.com is notorious for credit card theft issues. Have you bought anything off that website lately?

I received a call on my cell phone a few years back from someone in India asking me if I had made a large purchase at a baby store in another state. I did not and it was a card I had not used in a few months.

Luckily I was able to dispute the charges and received a new credit card in the mail after cancelling the ‘stolen’ one.

Next time use paypal

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

The bank said they probably went in to the stores and when they were checking out said" my card won’t swipe here’s the number." And then the cashier manually types it in.

Nope never bought off amazon. I still think it was paypal.

I have been using Amazon for YEARS probably buying shit 2-3 times a month and never have had any issues. And I know a few others who use it on a regular basis also with no problems so I don’t see how they are notorious for theft issue as a matter of fact this is the first time I have ever heard anyone say that about Amazon.

No one in their right mind will do that, especially the Apple store. You got skimmed, believe me – I was on the wrong side of this when I was younger… I’m not going to go into full details here, but I’m probably the only one here that has ever been interrogated by the Secret Service :ninja :ohnoes :rofl

If they were online purchases, I’d agree with you – but I’m sticking to my original opinion of what happened.

As far as PayPal goes, there’s no way for someone to take your credit card info from that.

100% agree, this is the first I’ve ever heard of this. I’ve purchased over $15,000 in items from Amazon with various credit cards and have never been compromised.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-04-09/news/31310916_1_credit-card-contactless-credit-card-security-code

How do they skim it? Is that done with a card reader at a gas pump or something?

Come on go into details about the secret service sounds interesting…

what if the people at lifelock were doing this? like old ganster roughing up the people so they come crawling back for protection.

thats a good way to get business.

if you own a auto glass store you will pay people to break windows to steer business.

could happen.

Could happen, but honestly man, not everything is a conspiracy. There’s thiefs out there too.

Used paypal since I was 15. Never had a single issue.

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I don’t think it was paypal. Prolly got jacked at a gas pump or something

two of the times it happened to me, 1 was best buy, in store purchase on my debit card. the other was a junkyard through car-part.com