Sun/Moonroff Shop

My 2006 Trailblazer monroof is jammed and needs a new track. The Chevy dealer wants to charge me 2k for the job.

Does anybody have any recommendations for sunroof/moonroof shops?

I think you’ll just need to take it to a normal mechanic.

I had a sunroof jam on me on my '95 Range Rover, but under the headliner was a screw to manually open and close the roof. Do you have any way to manually crank it shut and just disconnect the power to the roof? Unless of course you still want a functioning roof…

I would prefer a functioning roof if the price is right

If you have the time rebuild the thing yourself. The kit is $119. Check out this thread http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=77514

Thanks!! Looks like a common problem!!

I am having D & R Automotive Restylers to do a rebuild on the moonroof.

Curious what they quoted you compared to the 2k from the dealer?

675 total (taxes, labor, rebuild kit)

I did a bunch of driving the past few days and no shops would give me a final price. I especially didn’t like the treatment I received from Casullo’s

That’s a lot better than 2k. :tup:

Yes, a little more than I wanted to spend on a car that is valued at less than 4.5k on a good day but glad it will address any future leaks or problems

Couldn’t just jam it closed and then unplug power to it?

Unable to jam it shut because the glass over the driver side it not make contact with the roof as the passenger side is. I am unable to get it to be air tight and was about to use clear weather proof sealing/caulk if I count get it done for a better price.

Plus, I don’t have time and patience to take apart my whole headliner to investigate the issue.

^ We did that with my moms old '93 T Bird. Caulked that bastard closed.