Survivor Man Vs Man v. wild.

Who is the ultimate outdoorsman?

Survivor Man is a purist for the fact that he’s out there alone, and not only that has to carry all of his camera equipment and as he is trying to “survive” also has to tape it all to ensure that an episode can be made.

Bear Grylls has his share of badass activities on the show, but the fact that the camera crew follows him around for entire duration takes away from the creditability, however the show is more entertaining then it’s counterpart.

Bear Grylls is one of the most bad ass mofo’s out there. Aside from the show, he holds numerous climbing records, holds Special Forces honors, and also holds crazy ass records like worlds highest altitude dinner meal and worlds highest para-sailing climb in his supercharged para-sail.

Either way both shows are meticulously plotted out in advance so alot of the “danger” involved has been removed, even though that survior man guy does infact go out on his own for quite some time. Put both in a ring though and Bear would maul the crap out of that other guy hands down :smiley:

I voted for Bear. :nod

BEAR!!!

Survivor man just has to stay alive. So he makes camp and tries not to die. Makes for pretty boring TV.

Man Vs Wild took me a long time to stop hating. As a show that advertises itself as a “Survival” show Bear instead shows people what not to fucking do when lost in the damn amizon.

Once A friend explained to me the show was more like a version of “Jackass” then I could live with it. He does do some badass shit, just nothing you want to be doing when lost or whatever.

From an entertainment point of view, I’d have to go with Man v Wild.

However from an actual event of “survival” and bad-ass-ness, Survivor man takes the cake.

Bear sleeps in hotels between days of shooting and has a lot of stuff staged for him, plus the camera crew has to go through it all as well, so it can’t be all that rough.

There’s one episode where he’s lost Yellowstone or Alaska (one of the dense North American forest episodes). Call me crazy but I would be lighting everything on frickin’ fire until someone found me. Nothing brings out the troops like a massive forest fire

Since I am an outdoorsman (hunting, fishing, etc) I vote for Survivorman. Man v. Wild is great because it shows you what to do if you have the skills to scale 100ft rock slopes and climg trees with no limbs. It’s more of an entertainment show than a real life experience. Survivorman is much more realistic because he does things that any normal, logical person can do. He shows a lot of really useful information.

I would know. When I hunt I go for a week at a time in the Tahaws Tract in the Adirondacks, which if many of you know is one of the largest unbroken wilderness’s in the east. Another general idea would be the high peaks region. It is the most beautiful country you could ever imagine. It is also the most dangerous. ONE, single wrong move and you can die. Just like that. There are bears, coyotes, wolves(yes wolves). The worst danger is yourself though. If I were to get lost in a region such as this and I didn’t know what I was doing, the information from Survivorman can actually save your life, where as the information in Man v. Wild, will if anything get you killed in real life.

Bear is the man.

Survivor man will teach you to be a man.

hands down survivorman. les is the shit

les stroud > bear grylls

Fuel to fire

TV ‘survival king’ stayed in hotels

TO LIVE up to his public image of a rugged, ex-SAS adventurer, it must have seemed essential for Bear Grylls to appear at ease sleeping rough and catching his own food in his television survival series.

But it has emerged that Grylls, 33, was enjoying a far more conventional form of comfort, retreating some nights from filming in mountains and on desert islands to nearby lodges and hotels.

Now Channel 4 has launched an investigation into whether Grylls, who has conquered Everest and the Arctic, deceived the public in his series Born Survivor.

The series, screened in March and April and watched by 1.4m viewers, built up Grylls’s credentials as a tough outdoorsman. In a question and answer session on Channel 4’s website, he recalls how station bosses pitched the venture to him stating: “We just drop you into a lot of different hellholes equipped with nothing, and you do what you have to do to survive.”

But an adviser to Born Survivor has disclosed that at one location where the adventurer claimed to be a “real life Robin-son Crusoe” trapped on “a desert island”, he was actually on an outlying part of the Hawaiian archipelago and spent nights at a motel.

On another occasion in California’s Sierra Nevada mountains where he was filmed biting off the head of a snake for breakfast and struggling for survival “with just a water bottle, a cup and a flint for making fire”, he actually slept some nights with the crew in a lodge fitted with television and internet access. The Pines Resort at Bass Lake is advertised as “a cosy getaway for families” with blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

In one episode Grylls, son of the late Tory MP Sir Michael Grylls, was shown apparently building a Polynesian-style raft using only materials around him, including bamboo, hibiscus twine and palm leaves for a sail.

But according to Mark Weinert, an Oregon-based survival consultant brought in for the job, it was he who led the team that built the raft. It was then dismantled so that Grylls could be shown building it on camera.

In another episode viewers watched as Grylls tried to coax an apparently wild mustang into a lasso in the Sierra Nevada. “I’m in luck,” he told viewers, apparently coming across four wild horses grazing in a meadow. “A chance to use an old native American mode of transport comes my way. This is one of the few places in the whole of the US where horses still roam wild.”

In fact, Weinert said, the horses were not wild but were brought in by trailer from a nearby trekking station for the “choreographed” feature.

“If you really believe everything happens the way it is shown on TV, you are being a little bit naive,” he said.

Channel 4 confirmed that Grylls had used hotels during expeditions and has now asked Diverse, the Bristol-based production company that made the programme, to look into the other claims.

:bowdown :bowdown

ill only watch les