Suspension

First off id like to say I got my 240 running yesterday, new engine installed :smiley: :smiley:
Now my 2 rear struts are leaking oil, I have no idea how much some aftermarket struts would cost but id like to replace these with something at least a little better then OEM and definitly with something new. If anyone knows of some good suspension set up’s and can give me a ball park price that would be much appreciated. At this time im not interested in coilovers.

FYI you guys, 499 for kyb agx shocks for the 240 and 390 for eibach prokit springs 1.6/1.8 drop

i am going to be selling my prokit;s soon. Just wating for my d2’s

Ok guys

Here is the situation.

I only want to put good parts onto my car so I have been thinking of upgrading from OEM, and spending 499 on KYB AGX all around, but then do I use stock springs or spend an additional 390 on prokit springs?

Since I dont know my car I kinda wanna hold off dropping big cash on suspension and see if any larger problems surface.

Does anyone know the cost of OEM struts??

OEM struts will be marginally cheaper than getting KYB AGX’s

GO with the adjustability and the drop so you don’t waste any extra money. by just doing this, the handling of the car improves DRAMATICALLY over the stock setup. it’s worth the extra little bit and then some. You don’t have to get coilovers right now, but they will be in your sights for the future, I’m sure.

Cliff Notes = GET KYB’s and Sportlines / ProKit springs you won’t be disappointed.

I know ill definitly be happy with some nice adjustable shocks, Im jus afraid ill drop like 900$ and then find out I need a new tranny or something

is your car an Auto?

the 240’s tranny is good and strong but the auto’s are ugh, if you aren’t having problems with it, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

I recognize that you’re just using that as an example.

if you don’t replace the shock you run the risk of much more serious problems (i.e. LOSS of control)

if you get a different 240 you can always move them over. keep the stock ones so you can put them back on if you need to roll the car around.

and as was mentioned before, if you can hang in there for a few more weeks, a few of our members will be selling their used ones (save you some money, and get a decent upgrade at the same time)

Does anyone know of any springs which give less then a 1.6 1.8 drop. If i do get aftermarket struts, i want a spring which gives a small drop?

Smallest drop i could find was prokitt

i think he means he wants less of a drop, like 0.75" or 1"???

i have tockico blues all around, and have been running them for almost 2 years ALL YEAR ROUND with sprint lowering spring The set up is nice for the steets, and fun on the track (1.8"-2.0" drop). Camber kit on the front, rear pillow mounts, FSTB, so far, so good.

Ok guys i meant less of a drop LESS, meaning not as low. Prokitt is 1.6 and 1.8, I want my car to be HIGHER
thanks

get the prokit, the drop isnt much, you will still have plenty of wheel gap.

The Prokits will allow you to keep that unsexy “4 wheelin” look that the stock S chassis sports from the factory. Sportlines will leave you with a 2-3 finger gap between the tire and the upper curve of the fender. You will not tuck with Sportlines.

thanks for the visual! that helps
Although I have found a pair of used struts for Dirt cheap which I will be sticking to for now