SUV opinions...

Within the next three months I will be picking up a new(er) SUV.
What it will be used for:
99% highway driving (including winter)
1% offroad (not for fun…just to go camping/fishing etc)
Towing a 18’ enclosed trailer (with motorcycles/snowmobiles inside)

I’m really leaning towards a 09+ Tahoe… the 08’s and under come with the piss poor 4speed…but the new ones, 5.3 w/ 6spd are plenty good. My Budget is ~$35k

My priorities (top being highest)
-creature comforts (heated seats,sound system,comfort of seats etc)
-interior appearance
-exterior appearance
-towing capabilities
-performance (acceleration,cornering)
-reliability and cost of maintenance
-fuel econ

I personnally thing the new Tahoe is the best looking SUV out there both inside and out.
Ford Expedition is up there, along with the Toyota Sequoia… European models… X5,Range,Touraeg… While nice…I’d have to dip down a few years to pick up one in my budget and I need to factor in Maint. costs…

This is more of a thinking out loud…if anyone owns any of these fill me in on your opinion. I’m really leaning towards a '09 White Tahoe,black leather, loaded up. I’ve personally given tahoes quite a beating at work and they hold up quite well

And don’t come in here and suggest small SUVs or crossovers. IE; no escapes,trailblazers,edges,elements etc etc…

GO!

Do you need 4x4? I think that is all you really need to think about. Chances are your going to keep this thing for like 7 minutes, so I’d think about a 2wd so you have less maintenance and less liquid assets invested.

You pretty much have your mind made up towards the Tahoe, which is a great truck. The only thing that even closely compares is the Expedition. The 5.4L in the Expeditions are junk, the one I had could hardly tow ~3500 lbs.

I mean TBSS has all of what you’re looking for. You could buy out my 2008 3SS one for a little over 20,000. Only thing it doesn’t have is the rear DVD player. It’s silver

Just saw where you were…I don’t know if the AWD models have more towing capacity than the 2wd ones. Plus you could do sweet burnouts in a 2wd. My AWD gets 18mpg on the highway

VWTouraeg V10 D :slight_smile:

if you enjoy ridiculous repair bills

My dad has an 08 Tahoe, I am not a fan of the interior at all. Seats are not that comfortable, typical GM styling otherwise.

I don’t know if mileage is important but you might be able to pickup a Hybrid one.
I have been watching the prices on 09’ hybrid escalades for someone, but I am sure the Tahoe are a bit cheaper.

i just bought a 2004 Buick Rainier CXL today! its got the 5.3L V8, 6700lb towing capacity, AWD, full leather! i only paid $12995 for it. new it was $41K. idk if you want new or used but my uncle has a 07 tahoe fully loaded black with 49K on the clock. he’s looking at selling it. let me know maybe i can you hook you up with him.

Didn’t see Armada on your list. They’re pretty sweet