Need a new DD looking for advice

Looking for a new daily driver to replace my f250 crew cab.

Im not plowing anymore so i want it gone.

Im thinking tahoe, escalade, navigator, expedition etc. i could give a shit about mpg’s.

Price range is up to about 20k. would like something relatively newer i would say 2005 and up.

I would like something bigger suv/truck…but want options.

who has ideas/recommendations of whats nice. i have been really looking around and i drive vehicles everyday. just nothing catching my eye.

mercedes ML 350 or a BMW X5 good SUVs with a bunch of options

can find some jeep srt8s for under 20k but those are hard to find

TrailBlazer SS
FX35/FX45/FX50
Acura MDX (newer ones are a little pricier than 20k though)

if you want a car:

CTS-V
WRX
EVO
Mazdaspeed3
Audi A3/A4
BMW 3-Series
Infiniti G35

Get a Tahoe or a GMC Yukon Denali. Might be a little pricey though.

Honestly, if I were in the market for a new DD I would get a G8 GT. It has a 6.0L V8 and you can get em for like 20 or 22 now I think - for a 2008 or 2009. I would kill for one they look so great.

You could have bought my trailblazer SS but it’s goin in on trade tomorrow. Transit towne will have it if you’re looking for a used one. It’s fully loaded

i dont really like the x3/x5 they seem kinda small and girly to me. Im currently in a f250 crew cab so everything feels tiny.

x5 reminds me so much of my wifes equinox i think.

and i dont want anything performance oriented like a tbss i have my car for that. just something luxurious to drive back and forth to work and maybe tow the car around a little if needed.

I think that fggt hummer is still around.

02 ^ denali

or u can buy my dads excursion and get terrible gas mileage, but it’s super comfy! lol

i dont want something older than 2005.

excursion sounds nice…if it was a powerstroke

Im thinking tahoe, escalade, denali, navigator, expedition,

no matter how nice a car is my theory is bigger the better.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

THAT TRUCK IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Yeah it’s a V10 sorry
fully loaded southern truck though

look at some landrovers like the discovery or LR3… use to have a LR3 loved it

The 2nd gen Yukon Denali’s are great, they’re loaded with so much shit lol. So comfy for a DD, fun to drive and the AWD is so bad ass in the winter.

We have one that will be for sale soon, but it’s an '03, I had a blast driving it this past winter.

So you should look at the 05-06 ones. The Escalade in the same years are pretty much identical, except the looks and has more luxury.

Not to mention they get about 15-18mpg

i dont care if my shit gets 5mpg

i live like 5 minutes from work and its parked for like 12 hours while im there.

went to look at a 2005 escalade esv yesterday it’s pretty nice

also have a hookup on a 2006 expedition with 88k for cheap

and a hookup on a 2005 lincoln navigator with 30k miles for cheap.

it will be a toss up.

Lol it gets like 13-14 at best and that’s being up to date on maintenance.

But Rob doesn’t care about mpg.

ours was getting like 16 and almost 21 on zee highway. stop drivin like a fool!

they’re really comfy, but the interior accents are kinda gay/shitty/gm quality

My friends esv was getting avg 18, but more highway mileage then city

This was in the winter, stop & go city traffic lol. But yeah very comfy and true shitty gm interior. The important part is the powertrain, it’s stout. And the front diff is so damn loud.

pretty sure 05 esv is gonna be the winner. its big, comfy, and im getting a great deal, plus it’s an escalade.

it is a love it or hate it thing I think. after being use to the V10 power in mine I imagine the V6 version would be a complete dog so I would have to encourage the V8 at least but this one is nicely equipped

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=299486804&dealer_id=65754719&car_year=2008&systime=&doors=&model=TOUAREG&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=100&min_price=&rdm=1310231941317&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=BUFFALO&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=14223&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&make=VOLKS&seller_type=b&num_records=100&cardist=62&standard=false

The V8 X5’s are styled more agressively with wider fenders and different bumpers. Might be worth a look

You can’t go wrong with any of the GM SUV’s. They are pretty bullet proof and if you are thinking tahoe’s The police versions handle amazing. You will not believe it till you drive one. Too bad they never came with a duramax. That would have been outstanding. Personally dodge would not even be on a list for consideration because of how fast they rott out.

I think I am in love with this SUV!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NAVIGATION-BACK-UP-CAM-BOSE-LEATHER-HEATED-SEATS-/250852048912?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a67f28010