Truck/SUV Suggestions?

Well I finally landed a new job that allows me to afford the finer things in life, lol, but anyway I can finally pick up a nice winter vehicle so the Z doesn’t have to see the snow this year. I’m looking for a full size pickup that can comfortably sit 4 adults, or a nice SUV with lots of options and decent towing capabilities if I decide to buy a boat eventually.

I just tested out a 2006 F150 XLT today and wasn’t really that happy with it. After all the discounts/A plan and everything it worked out to be around 475/month for 60 months at 0% with 0 down. Decent deal and all, but just wondering what other options were around the same price or even less. New or used, lets here some suggestions and options.

i happen to like the nissan line. good power, nice cars. i have a 2000 xterra and its a pretty solid car. theyve only gotten better.

i guess u have a ford family member or friend. no explorer, sport trac, mountaineer, MKX or edge???

i looked at a 2007 sport trac limited too, very nice truck but i don’t know, it was also almost 100/month more expensive.

thats exactly what I want but I would be leasing it for 3 years. I am in love with that white or burgundy color

Do i really need to say it …

Trailblazer SS … they still have a couple of 06’s at Gillogily … im sure they were pretty much give them away

they do? maybe i’ll look into that tomorrow morning

:word: Chevy’s practically paying you to take their gas guzzlers, especially now during the red tag sale. I swear I saw something on TV last night about $8k off a Trailblazer…

But yeah, I vote Nissan or Toyota. They both make kick-ass truck/SUV’s.

i would like a SS but I could never park it at home with a ford retiree living there.

where are you working now?

Do you really still want to be paying for it in 2011? That’s a pretty big payment to live with for 5 years. If I were you I’d spend half that and pay it off in 2.5 years. You can still get a nice SUV or truck for $14k.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=210882184&dealer_id=56785120&car_year=2002&model=&num_records=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&engine=&certified=&body_code=16&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=100&make=NISSAN&color=&min_price=&body_style=SUV&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceDESC&address=14150&advanced=&end_year=2007&doors=&transmission=&max_price=15000&cardist=73
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=212786455&dealer_id=497712&car_year=2003&model=&num_records=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&engine=&certified=&body_code=16&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=100&make=NISSAN&color=&min_price=&body_style=SUV&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceDESC&address=14150&advanced=&end_year=2007&doors=&transmission=&max_price=15000&cardist=73
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=213235595&dealer_id=5014404&car_year=2000&search_type=both&num_records=&keywordsfyc=&make=TOYOTA&transmission=&model=&distance=100&make2=&address=14150&default_sort=priceDESC&advanced=&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=15000&sort_type=priceDESC&min_price=&body_code=0&end_year=2007&keywordsrep=&color=&start_year=1981&color3=&drive=&color2=&engine=&body_style=SUV&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=2&cardist=13
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=211857734&dealer_id=1703948&car_year=2004&model=&num_records=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=100&color3=&color2=&make=FORD&color=&min_price=&body_style=SUV&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=mileageASC&address=14150&advanced=&end_year=2007&doors=&transmission=&max_price=15000&cardist=34
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=213286784&dealer_id=57996639&car_year=2005&search_type=both&num_records=&keywordsfyc=&make=CHEV&transmission=&model=&distance=100&make2=&address=14150&default_sort=priceDESC&advanced=y&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=15000&sort_type=mileageASC&min_price=&body_code=0&end_year=2007&keywordsrep=&color=&start_year=1981&color3=&drive=&color2=&engine=&body_style=SUV&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=2&cardist=30

I’m driving an 06 dakota 4x4 crew cab right now.

Its very nice with the new sohc v8.

But, the imports are making more power out of the 6, and they do better on gas.

GET AN IMPORT!!!

ideally i’d like a titan. they’re pretty hard to find though, and expensive brand new.

and i’m working for the usps now.

that’s why i didn’t sign the paperwork yet. it’s a nice idea to think hey i’m the first person to own this vehicle, but at the same time, i don’t really want to devote that much money to it. i’ll most likely end up with something less expensive, nice suggestions btw.

Used. Let someone else pay the depreciation. Tons of decent SUVs out there now from all the soccer moms getting the gas scares.

yeah def get used. i bought new for other reasons…and i bought a honda ridgeline. i love everything about it. i towed the audi with it. it fits my dog. built in storage that is insulated for tailgating ease, sunroof, blah blah blah. i love my truck. they are still real expensive used though (as i think most imports will be)

if i were to get fullsize pickup i would have to go toyota for import (i dont trust nissan yet), and for domestic i would go ford diesel, or chevy with a 5.7.

Anybody know if a 04 xterra with the 2.4 4 banger is a reliable truck?

The 2wd version…

I’m moving south next year and dont need the 4wd, and you can get a ton of xterras for under 14 grand with like 20k on the clock.

Should be borderline bullet proof, albeit slower than balls.

140 bhp + 3600 #'s = :hang:

silverado ext or crew cab ftw. no question.

get a 2500 and end up with the best v8 (6.0 LSx) on the market with the best auto tranny (4L80e) on the market.