Sway Bars...

Been looking at a set for a long time. Am probably going to wait so I can KA-T sooner. However, I may still do it pending clearing up a few facts…

First off, I already have the Hicas bars, stock. Apparently 21mm in the rear, what is the front, anyone?

The “Suspension Techniques” sway bars (I am currently looking at) are Rear-21.6mm and Front-27mm. Can I expect much of a difference (given that i’m used to the relatively-similar-sized stock bars) from stock? I know the bushings’ll feel better…but what about the bar material difference, if any?

I’m looking for a flatter ride and less body roll with stock struts/shocks and want to know if the Sustech bars & bushings are worth it. So who’s got them? Who’s gone from Hicas bars to Sustech/aftermarket? Go, no go?

Cheers.

i went from hicas bars to whiteline adjustables. noticable difference, nothing crazy. i just swapped them over to my other car without hicas bars and there is a huge difference. i also have polyurethane bushings all around. expensive upgrades but worth it if you planning to make your car trackworthy

I would keep the Hicas bar. I put one on my last car and it seemed to oversteer just slighty. I found it to be a great improvement over stock and made the car more fun to drive.

I know you said you were going KA-T in the future but I would save the money that would be spent on Tanabe sway bars and spring/shock combo and get a nice set of coilovers and if you could spare it, an Energy Suspension urethane bushing kit.

You’ll now a have a decent suspension setup and with the KA-T, a very fun car to drive. :slight_smile:

i got ST sways on my s14 and the difference was night and day. the whole ride feels tite and the back end just snaps in to place when i make hard turns… dunno really know how to describe it. but its good.

I had Whiteline swaybars on my S14, the car’s handling was much more predictable. Felt more solid and straight, out of a turn.

anyone with the cusco bars?

I’m gonna skip the coilovers & spring/shock combo because the car is wintered, and for the stock look.

Okay, S14 owner’s who replied (thanks) and enjoyed the upgrade, what were your sways in mm before and after?

I may do this later anyway…my stock sway bars, as decent as they handle, are flaking/rusting and have terrible bushings. I’m sure that will be a “gain” in and of itself…