Swift goes down twice to the Laura "TA"

:doh:

me>all of u

honestly dude, you have no clue once again. you dont need head work with a 224. soem 224s have laid down 400 to the wheels others have seen 370. soem Trexs seen 450 some seen 370. all in the tune

for a short race like FLD the 224 should clean the Trex down low but on the big end the TRex will prevail. Swifts going to have to leave 6k to get his sled moving in order to turn a good time

for the 224 walk in park, Trex ill have my hands full on that tune.

i’m not sayin the 224 wont make power, but how will a 224 duration cam make more power than a 239+ duration cam with the proper tune for each setup?? it doesnt make sense… i seen more than enough combos and dyno charts to know that the trex should have the advantage here. why is it that some of the fastest cam only cars are trex cammed cars?? properly geared ofcourse the trex car should really take off up topend. 224 may make all around power and lowend, but still shouldnt be a match for a trex. 1/8 mile it may be close tho, since one is a auto car and the other is a stick.

thats why i think porting the heads will help equal out the power outputs. ported head combos with 224-228 cams make well over 420whp, probly closer to 440. bigger cams with heads i have seen plenty make 450+whp

you piss me off, answer me this one sir engineer. i know of a trex on a 150 dry shot thats best is only 12.2 @ 116 and why some 224 cam cars going mid 11s?

actually dont answer but think about it for awhile, Trex is a good cam but its a race spec’d cam for stock motor. im willing to put laura’s TA up against a certain black Z with a Trex and show you where some Trex’s stand

now Trex in the rigth setup does work well, key word right. now swifts car should be good when all done but at FLD hell get spanked off the line cause no way he is hooking with a 6k launch. now if they rolled it be different

heres one for you with youre theroy i know of a MS3 car that laid down 350rwhp with a TSP tune and a 224 that laid down 390 with a vette doctors tune. the 224 went 11.8 the MS3 car best went 12.2

you know where to find one

very tru, i am enjoying the trex / 224 arguments, everyone has different times you know that brian ran like a beast w/ his trex and was a solid 11 second car, but that navy blue ta w/ the trex and spray runs retard times, everyone’s car seems to react different to certain cams, and though laura’s setup is basically gonna copy silver’s setup which is tested and proven, dont forget im trying to copy brian’s setup and everyone knows what that setup did

i wonder what would happen if an untuned silver ss was in this mix anyways nice kill who was driving???

i dont have an ls1… i’m not tryin to support the Trex cam above all others or anything like that. i can care less…i’m just tellin you how i see it from all the posts i read on ls1tech and other forums

you arguement is based off of tunes… if a trex car is doing mid 12’s at 116 with a shot then i hope he’s at 8000 feet cuz thats pretty shitty times.

to counterpoint your arguement, i know of a bolt on Z28 with a magic stick 239/242 or w/e it is with a 150 shot that put down over 400 n/a and near 600 on the juice at the wheels. traps around 130. you’ve probly seen it…its Termin8r’s car. from need2speed forums and racing southwest. . i have alot of his vids. teh car is fast as shit, at least 10’s at 130thats average for a ls1 on the spray and a GOOD TUNE. i seen so many like this

you cant compare a bad tuned Trex cam to a 224 cam thats well tuned. any dumbass can put in a trex cam and get waxed by bolt on cars since the tune is way off. thats not the way to compare cams.

and dyno numbers can vary from place to place dyno to dyno… mustang dyno to dyno jet…etc etc…weather. only real way to tell is to get both cams tested on the same dyno in the same motor

thats all i’m saying :bigthumb:

and i definately agree, from a dig on the street that has no prep, a trex stick car will not beable to launch all that well. stalled auto cars with smaller cam have the advantage there. but i’m talkin about tracks racing tho. trex cars are moving out man

but thats not to say trex is best. any cam ls1 is a stout car! thats why i want one:bigthumb:

this is very true everyones car runs different so who knows how the outcome will be

take it to the track and it will be.

quik was driving anyways so this wasnt even my “kill” it was more like his kill in my car. but ill be lookin for a better time on the 11th

:itr41: i hope brian kills you!

:bsflag: :love:

i very well might not be…never said thats what it ment either

quik will give you a tune = to a retared mr2 though :eek4:

:bowrofl:

ls1 > mr2

o my the drama

personally i think it would be close. since when you and talin raced and he got you before the gears. now after ther gears he got you off the line for the most part of the race and aonly lost by 1 car from what i heard cause of how the car ran out of steam. so his best before was 12.8 laura’s best 12.9 and with you only within a half car from before thats goijng to put you close to her. but i deffently want to see it. Laura’s TA should hopefully run a 12.6/7 if she gets a good clean pass this year

Well doctor quik is at it again. Hp and dyno numbers mean poop just like your truck would really beat that ta at thunder in the burgh. I have the ms3 with a MAIL ORDER tune and had a na best of 12.0 @ 112 silvers car was faster than mine with the 224 but he had a dyno tune if my car had a dyno tune and 4.10 gears im sure i would be in the mid 11s. He had a better 60’ than me because of his suspenion and battery in the back. I only have a tork arm.
My car on the dyno only made 370 hp na and 436 on the spray and only 15foot pounds of tork difference with the spray but ran a 10.87 @ 125 not launching off the spray. The trex is a bad ass cam but you cant be afraid of breaking your rear end you need a high gear and some balls look at brians car went 11.7 at 119 and ive seen a trex car go 13.2 because the driver is a pussy.

hey steve was using you as an example, we all know you ran a 10

my car HAD a 224 cam made 366rhp. ran mostly high 11s and low 12s. but i had a CNC brand heads