articzap = 2.2 turbo cavi

So after not finding anyone at Mighty I decided to cruise around. I was going down xxxxxxxxxxxx and I meet up with the 2.2 turbo Cavalier. I look over to see his forty million gauges. He must have had gauges to monitor his gauges. Last year he was running like 11’s at Lancaster. I can only figure he got a tune or something this year because he was faster then that. So we’re cruising down xxxxxxxxx and were coming up to a light which just so happens to turn red. I come to stop and glance over to see him looking back. Thats all I needed to see to race him. So the light turns green and we both just take off normal. At about 10 mph we both floor it at the same time. Through first gear I manage to pull about a bumper on him. I shift to second and he gets that bumper back. I regain that bumper at the end of second. I shift to third and we again stay did even. At that point I decided I had enough for the given location and I call it quits.

CLIFFS: slow turbo 2.2 cavi is dead even with an N/A SOHC 240

is this the silver one that was there the night i was at lancaster? the one that is slower now than it was in stock form?

Yes. :lol: It was defiantly faster then it was that night if we were dead even.

EDIT: Heres the video of that Cavalier at Lancaster.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5435879431742651405

the silver cavy with the 2.2?
Does he still have retarded body kit? tail light covers retarded wing?
And 600 gauges across the dash?
Hahahaha I remember him going to show it off at a summit meet, he came back into the parkinglot billowing oil smoke.

A lot of the body kit was gone. The wing was gone. The tail lights weren’t molded in. It was still missing a hood though. I think he’s starting to clean it up.

Thankfully haha.

hahahhaa THAT guy!

hahahahaha I seen that last summer at lancaster I think I was there. I"ve never seen someone turbo a car and convert it to rear wheel drive and have it be slower than it was. F-n hilarious id be ashamed of that thing. Sorry but lol

dear god that car is aweful :tup:

i didnt know it was RWD.
lol i thought it was FWD.

seriously…the money that went into RWD conversion (assuming that’s true), turbo kit, and all the stupid body kit bullshit…

probably over $10,000 of work/parts…unless he did all the labor himself…which i doubt he did, because anybody with the know-how to do all that is smart enough to put the money into things over than cavaliers…

that said, somebody needs to tell this kid that for $10K he coulda chosen from about 3957934759387534 other cars that have much better platforms, are way faster, cooler, more reliable, perform better in any field where performance can be measured…

fucking unreal…

naw rear wheel drive conversion I talked to the guy at lancaster. hahaha

when i seen it it had slicks on the front, i could be wrong tho i didn’t pay that much attention

nope, none of you people are correct, it is in fact FWD. there was no attempt at RWD conversion at all, so what are you guys smoking?

I met with him at a wilson farms tonight, as he had just finished all of his new work to get it running this year, and i asked him if he wanted to cruise so i could see it run.

in no time at all, we ended up neck and neck at a red light. Radar gave a thumbs up and on green we both did pretty much the same thing you did, Articzap, we rolled till about 10mph, and then got on it. He hung at my door for a few long seconds, but after both cars shifted to 2nd (i am autotragic, and so is he), i quickly started pulling on him, as i could still see his car fading away in my side view mirror. before we decided to shut down, he was about a car and a half behind me…(for the record, i could STILL hear the turbo spooling and wastegate and muffler-less exhaust screaming for forgiveness…sounded badass for the car that it is…

thats not all, we went up on zee highway and did a couple 50 rolls… both ended up in almost the same outcome. BEEP… BEEP… BEEP. and then we both got on it. He hung with me for a few seconds, but i eventually ended up pulling about a car on him.

Thumbs up for improvement cavy!

wow he should just give up cars

seriously

beat by an N/A 1zz automatic…priceless.

That kid sucks.

how is it so slow?

:shrug:

kind of like Bryan Turbo Tib? Just because you can throw a turbo on something, doesn’t mean it will automatically be fast. (as I drive away in my turblow car)

i’m guessing its just a bunch of parts slapped on with no real tuning at all, because when i seen him “floor it” it sounded TERRIBLE like it was really fighting itself, and it was not reving out smoothly at all. i’m suprised its still running actually lol