Swift GT

GTI model w/ disc brakes

X24347

just like when GM puts the decal of GT on a jbody. what the fuck

better?

what happened to the hood?

is the front of the hood fucked up or is it just the picture? either way should be a nice project car.

EDIT: nevermind…need a new hood on that thing.

uhm… cool? :cool:

you remind me of my friend luke… he has all the cr\azy idea’s for a couple hundred dollar cars… geo spec… turbo k car… bla bla… the kid never does anything though just talks about it :blah:

You can swap a 4G63T in there right? Or am i thinking of another tiny hatchback?

you’re thinking of the Hyundai Excel

If people can fit a 460 into a pinto, i’m sure a small 4cyl like the 4g63 will fit perfectly in that car. Just a little bending and cutting and you’re golden. Wait a minute, you need something reliable right? might as well forget the 4g63. :smiley:

heh…the only fairly easy swap for the Swift is a Suzuki Sidekick/Geo Tracker 1.6 engine. There’s not much of an advantage to it… A little more peak HP + torque, but you lose a couple thousand RPM and it’s definitely a much weaker engine.

it’ll get cleaned up right i got faith in ShalerPunk.

You would… you weren’t around on PittRacing to hear about the other 1,000 project cars he had. :smiley:

thanks for the support…

i’m going to be master of mig welding by the time I’m done with this thing. I tore the entire interior out to get an idea of what I’m dealing with… I have some work ahead of me. The rockers are rough, and there’s a hole in the floor :eek3: .

As for the hood, it needs to be replaced… but since I have a pretty long road ahead of me (rust repair, clutch, exhaust, etc…) I’m going to save replacing the hood for last. There’s a group buy for carbon fiber hoods coming up on TeamSwift soon, but if the CF hood isn’t much lighter than the stock one, I’m not going to blow $400+ on one.

:finger:

:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

:eek4dance a c/f hood on a suzuki swift? I could think of several better ways to spend $400 or whatever it would be

I was thinking about the CF hood because Metro/Sprint/Firefly hoods don’t fit (different headlights + grill). So I have to buy a Swift hood… which feel like they’re made out of tinfoil and are usually rusty.