What should I do?

Seriously…no whoring/bullshit posts… here’s where things are…

The Prizm has nothing mechanically wrong with it… it’s got some dents and a bent wheel, but otherwise solid as a rock (a flimsy Japanese rock, but still a rock). Last tank got 30mpg!

I haven’t paid for the Swift GT yet. It’s sitting in a garage in Shaler. It needs (at least) a clutch and a battery. It hasn’t been inspected since 11/02.

I can buy the Swift and get it running, but I’ll be broke as fuck for the next few months while putting the work in. Or I can keep the Prizm (as painfully boring as it is) and either fix it up or save my cash for another car (probably a CRX or Swift GT in running + inspected shape). If I commit to fixing the Prizm up, I’m going to put the 4AGZE (supercharged 1600cc) in.

What should I do?!?!

Not supercharge anything:
save up some cash and buy a decent car:
for a DD
Beaters are not race cars: remember that:)

keep the geo and work on that. dont do an engine swap. get it running and save up another 500- a grand delivering and then go get a swift GT or what ever lil car you want.

thats a hard decision. how easy is the Supercharged motor to find??? and how does the output compare to that of the swift. the swift is a cough cooler cough looking car.

:nono:

the supercharged motor is easy to find…1600cc MR2 engine from the late 80s… the output is 140hp, but upgrades are plentiful. The Swift is only 100hp, but the car is 600lb lighter.

I should probably buy the Swift, I’m just a big pussy; I’ve gotten used to a car that has no problems and I’m afraid the Swift will break…lots.

then keep the prism then

i voted save cash for a better car

cut the roof off the prizm and us it as a BBQ pit.

or drive it off a cliff into the ohio and make a home for the fishys :x:

i’d save the prism… cars suck when you try to rely on them and they break down… thus, i drive vw’s!!! :tounge:

but yeah… i’d save up and make a better decision if you are hesitant… you’ll find a deal somewhere along the way that you’ll know is right.

there’s the Prizm, with the wheels I have, in black…

hmm…

what the hell you want:
a fast fucker
a fast fucker thats a beater
a fast fucker that breaks alot
a fast 4 door
a fast POS
a fast car to haul cocaine in
a fast car to haul my future kids in

OH wait its a geo: please disregard those last statements :slight_smile:

100 or 140 (supercharged!)… not worth the effort, save for the honduh… easier/cheaper parts for a car that will go faster. but mostly the parts are everywhere :blanyer: -fingeru

you’re gonna knock me up? :scared:

i want something that gets decent gas mileage, has a great suspension, and is reliable.

edit: just got the call from the guy w/ the swift. he’s towing it to my house now. i think i’m going to leave the Prizm as is, get the Swift together, and then decide what I want to do.

get comp on it and go deer hunting.

I personally think the swift is cool. I’d get it, sell the gizem for extra money and make the swift perty. …the swift can always be turbo’d later :bigok:

save money and get something that is decently fast to begine with and then mod it…

quit spending money on stupid shit

ie simple ideas

240 then swap sr…shut up bandwagon or not its low cost for a fast decent car…
rx7 turbo 2…can be picked up pretty cheep and be modded pretty cheep…just learn about apex seals and the motor itself…
get a civic crx whats not ls vetec…i wouldent do this but can be done and made farily quick for real cheep…
yes i know these are things people have allready done and there all out there but there are also alot of aftermarket parts avail at the drop of a dime…

or cross over to the dark side pick up a nice 5.0 mustang and do a junkyard twin turbo set up…can be done fairly cheep and last a long time if done right the first time…

i bet we could 4g63 the switf… :naughty: