Should I?

Should I buy a Porsche? I can get a 1970 911 for a few hundred bucks. It’s missing engine, tranny, and some of the suspension. Apparently, it’s possible to dump a Subaru 4 or 6 into an old Porsche… So, for a few thousand dollars I could have a Subaru-powered old-school 911.

If I don’t buy a project car, I’m just going to find a shop to put the supercharged 4AGZE into the Prizm while I’m on vacation.

:dunno: i was never a big fan of the older porsche look.

but it would probably move pretty good if you could get a WRX powerplant stuffed into it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

whatever happened to the crx :confused:

Originally posted by Quik
whatever happened to the crx :confused:

sold it to H22 hatch. i wasn’t working and i needed the cash

Yea Subaru’s power is good. Especially in a light body.

No,

If you are short on cash already then don’t do this. Parts are gonna be hard to find and expensive.

Don’t put yourself into a class that you can’t afford. You’ll end up kicking yourself later. Noone will buy a older Porsche after you massacre it by dropping some other engine in it as well.

Supercharged engine into a prizm has to be the stupidest fucking thing I’ve ever heard, have you no sense about reliability and safety?

Originally posted by ShalerPunk
Should I buy a Porsche? I can get a 1970 911 for a few hundred bucks. It’s missing engine, tranny, and some of the suspension. Apparently, it’s possible to dump a Subaru 4 or 6 into an old Porsche… So, for a few thousand dollars I could have a Subaru-powered old-school 911.

If I don’t buy a project car, I’m just going to find a shop to put the supercharged 4AGZE into the Prizm while I’m on vacation.

Originally posted by silvrhand
Supercharged engine into a prizm has to be the stupidest fucking thing I’ve ever heard, have you no sense about reliability and safety?

my car has a 4AFE engine. The 4AGZE engine is similar, but with a better flowing head and a supercharger. I’d only be gaining forty or fifty horsepower before I upgrade the pulley. I’d like to have the Prizm around 180 hp when all is said and done: No race car, but not a slouch when it comes to daily driving. A little faster than a stock 1.8t Jetta should be enough.

A little faster than a stock 1.8t Jetta should be enough.

why would that ever be your goal when building a car???

Originally posted by turbovw18

he doesn’t have much to work with, give him some credit… :smiley:

Originally posted by turbovw18

because this car is primarily for delivering pizza and commuting to school.

i’d love to have a 700hp 95 Firebird, but it’s a little cost-prohibitive:D

so he could beat whitey

Originally posted by Quik
so he could beat whitey

lol…wasn’t even thinking that… whitey has a 2.0 with a custom kit anyway…that’s a bit different than a stock 1.8t

What about…

Brakes, tranny, cooling, fuel, ignition, etc, etc…

Or are you just another all power and no brains modder?

my car has a 4AFE engine. The 4AGZE engine is similar, but with a better flowing head and a supercharger. I’d only be gaining forty or fifty horsepower before I upgrade the pulley. I’d like to have the Prizm around 180 hp when all is said and done: No race car, but not a slouch when it comes to daily driving. A little faster than a stock 1.8t Jetta should be enough.

What about…

Brakes, tranny, cooling, fuel, ignition, etc, etc…

Or are you just another all power and no brains modder?

actually, i was going to take all of those things out…

less weight = more fast

:tounge:

actually, i want to see if the 98-02 front brakes are bigger than mine. i know I want to do AE101 disc brakes in the rear. The tranny I’d junk for either an AE101 Levin tranny or if that’s too expensive, an AE92 tranny for the 4AGE cars. I want to talk to someone about cooling, because I don’t really know how big of an oil cooler and intercooler is sufficient for the application.

I don’t know all of the specifics, but I’m not looking for insane power. I’m not going to throw an engine in the car, tune the shit out of it, and leave the rest of the car stock.

Same here ECOTEC power soon enough or quad 4.

Originally posted by sunhawk08
Same here ECOTEC power soon enough or quad 4.

i thought you were selling that thing…for $3500…

Yup I would have to say this thread needs one of these

Then you are getting into heavy costs of modding a car when you could already sell this take the loss and spend less money buy buying something other than a shitty Geo Metro…

actually, i was going to take all of those things out…

less weight = more fast

:tounge:

actually, i want to see if the 98-02 front brakes are bigger than mine. i know I want to do AE101 disc brakes in the rear. The tranny I’d junk for either an AE101 Levin tranny or if that’s too expensive, an AE92 tranny for the 4AGE cars. I want to talk to someone about cooling, because I don’t really know how big of an oil cooler and intercooler is sufficient for the application.

I don’t know all of the specifics, but I’m not looking for insane power. I’m not going to throw an engine in the car, tune the shit out of it, and leave the rest of the car stock.

Then you are getting into heavy costs of modding a car when you could already sell this take the loss and spend less money buy buying something other than a shitty Geo Metro…

i’ve got a Prizm…completely different car… Metro’s a Suzuki… Prizm’s a Toyota…