Only read if you give a shit about 105hp cars

The Prizm’s pretty fucked. I’m taking it in to RedLine Exhaust on Wednesday and they’re going to asses the car’s situation and let me know what it’ll need in the near future, and what it’ll need for inspection. I have a feeling it’s going to need a lot… so I have an idea:

Put my Prizm engine in a mid-90s Tercel.

It’d have about the same power + weight as a CRX, and I think the swap is pretty straightforward… I don’t give a shit if it doesn’t look sporty or run 14s… thoughts?

seems like a waste of time & energy to me…

x2

if the engine in the tercel works I wouldnt even worry about swappin’ it.

save up buy my Z24 get good mpg and run 15s

sounds like to much work for to little of a pay off

pics of timeslip

what you do is, buy a log manifold, get like a IHI turbo run it like 6-8 psi, non intercooled, and if the thing doesnt blow up f*ck it

oh you mean ghetto rig it??? :rolleyes:

i think his point is to have a ‘reliable’ daily driver.

i wouldnt do the swap unless the prism’s floor is completely rusted out.

its a geo it will handle 6-8 …

:smiley: :bigthumb:

who wants a chevy when you can buy a ford? :nuts: :drama:

ford=poooooooop

u need a 3sgte for the tercel :smiley:

i’d go for that if i had a mechanic interested in doing it.

i want another toyota if the prizm is too fucked to fix. this thing has made me swear off Civics for life. runs beautifully, takes a beating, and has enough torque to go uphill without chronic downshifting (unlike my CRXs + Civics).

what i’d really love is a 20v 4AGE in a two door Tercel…

somethings im not meant to understand

I like a good suspension, 30+ MPG, and little else. I don’t care if I never even break into the 15s, as long as I’ve got a reliable car with a tight suspension that I can afford to drive 40,000+ miles a year.

I’m not knocking you, I’m just wondering where the speed part comes in… i.e. pittspeed. I understand theres a lot of people on here who arent fast, but they try to be. Again don’t take this as me ripping on you. I’m just confused by some of your car choices lol.

speed isn’t just the 1/4 mile.

i had a Mazda 323 with absolutely no performance mods other than a KoolBlue air box filter and some 10mm spark wires. 90hp if I was lucky.

But suspension? Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Tokico HP struts, Corksport front and rear strut and sway bars…then i tossed some Protege LX AWD seats in so I wasn’t sliding around on cheap vinyl econobox seats…

I’m sure that thing couldn’t even manage a 17.5 second 1/4-mile, but I never had to use my brakes in a turn…handled like it was glued to the road…and it got 35mpg. (Keep in mind that aside from delivering pizza, I’m also a liberal, and a particularly enviromental one at that.)

the 323 WAS fun in the turns…