Syclone #136

awesome a buddy of mine has one that he drives occasionally it is built up and very fast. i also love those trucks and would love to own one.

Sweet truck dude, I’ve always loved those things :bigok:

to the best of my knowledge, they only made 1 white one, and that was in 1992

nice, i tried to buy one down at JJ’s about 10 yrs ago, but couldn’t talk him down to where i wanted it.

what was he asking?

:burnout: i wasnt even able to drive 10 years ago.

honestly i can’t remember. i wanna say 7500 and i was offering 6500 or something close to that. needed a bed and most of the effects.(which were way more than what i was looking to spend)

In 1991 Syclones were available in black only. 1992 models were to be offered in a wider range of colors before they were canceled. 2995 Syclones were built in 1991, and 3 in 1992. 113 (estimated 31 returned) were reported as Export Sales including a subset now referred to as the Saudi Syclones — a small number were delivered to Saudi Arabia and modified with a metric dash cluster, leaded fuel chip, and a resonator in place of the catalytic converter.

There were two special 1991 Syclones offered by third-parties:

Marlboro converted ten to give away in a promotion. The Marlboro Syclones were repainted Hot Licks Red and received a targa top, racing seats, performance chip changer, hard tonneau cover, wheels, Borla exhaust, and white sticker package.
Three Indy Syclones were used at the Indianapolis 500 race on May 24th, 1992 with the only modifications being a sticker package. One of these Indy trucks was converted into the PPG Syclone Pace Truck (though it was not the official pace car) with significant modifications, including a multi-colored silver, magenta, and aqua paint scheme, a molded in light bar in the roof, a racing fuel cell and fire system.

there was more,they had a shot out with top fuel drivers,had to be atleast 6?

I don’t believe there were ever any white ones from the manufacturer. Actually, I know for a fact that there wasn’t. They were all black on black.

yeah. maybe they were painted by top fuel sponsers at the time. kinda like a quiky paint job… so they would be the sponsers colors. who knows. white ty is the way to go. or dark green ty.

datamaster should be enough, it looks relatively stock, I see it even has the stock lines going to the turbo boost control solenoid, most likely those will need to be replaced to get better boost control. I was also wondering if you had any more info on these 2 boxes, one looks like some type of ATR product?

the box beside the headlight switch is the boost controller, and the box below the radio is the display for the Brian Green chip.

i do belive there was(just cant find info) they were white & silver!

so nice

this is the only 1 i know of, and its one of the 3 1992’s

http://www.sportmachines.com/albums/91Sy6439/91Sy6439_07.jpg

was it in the top fuel driver shot out?there was a pic in hotrod(i think) with a pair of white ones lineed up at the tree!

http://www.sytyarchives.com/faq/syhistory/

production breakdown,

oh, the top fuel trucks were in the “Syclone Challenge” with don the snake

http://www.syty.org/old/pics/sytychallenge/prudhomme.jpg

does anyone know what year that truck came with the 3bar MAP sensor from the factory?

Sweet truck…congrats!

Guy in Mars owns 1 of the 10 Marlboro trucks. He brings it out every once and a while to the Starlite cruise. bad ass trucks!