Syclone/Typhoon Problems

above bluebook so u figure around 14-15k…not worth it IMO

hes askin $13.5k

and i need a Carfax check if anyone has an open account

1GDCT14Z5M8800136

Thanks

The more I’m lookin at these, the more i feel like fallin back on old faithful, the Fbody. But we’ll see what happens, and maybe the right deal will sway me. Thanks for all the input everyone. But this one is lookin worse, and is still pretty damn far away.

They can be great vehicles, I didn’t have any issues with mine till I upgraded the turbo set up. I was changing trannies every oil change. :slight_smile:

A syclone can easily run high 12’s totally stock. It has been done many many times. The truck has to be running perfect and have a cool intake charge.

13.5 is too much IMO, with replaced motor etc.

They are quite the sleeper vehicle so they are alot of fun. Not to much to beat it light to light.

For the tranny, they have 4L80E kits now! Won’t have issues anymore.

They are definitely moody vehicles if you don’t mod correctly.

Horrible top end as well…aeroking…stay away and stick with what u know man…better for joo in the long run

I think i’m gonna stick with the fbods, i like syclones, but i’m not looking for a project, i’m looking for a show car. Thanks All

TTA ftw

I’ll send u the carfax later this morning if still needed.

i say go for the syclone!

Just to show the level of reliability of the Sy/Ty’s check out the following link:
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?p=390993#post390993
:smiley:

Best of both worlds would be the TTA. Still get a PAS vehicle and it is a f-body.

my buddy has one, tranny is a piece of shit, he is on his 4th one i think.

there is a nice modded TTA, a mid 11’s car for sale in eastern PA.

my friend still has his fast syclone and it looks like a show car, ask pewter he has seen it, he never drives it and i asked him if he was trying to sell it and he just told me if someone offered him the right price.

i built 80% of it!

rich’s???

yes

all this isnt helping me, i mean get me pictures, or a list of mods or a price or something, just sayin you know of one doesnt help me.

i located a nice LT1 6spd, good price, the guy only drives it to national shows. hes sendin me pics. so we’ll see how that goes.

I had a ‘92 typhoon for about a year. They are a lot of fun when completely stock, as well as heavily modded. Mine ran 13.8s with no mods. Really important to launch properly. It would run 14.3 if you launched at idle. The Syclone is lighter, so it is faster. Pretty much nothing faster off the line. I think it did 1.60s-1.70s 60’ time. I sold mine because the paint was all starting to peel.

They have rust isuues, as well as paint delaminating issues. The body cladding is getting very hard & expensive to get. The motor is a time bomb a tickin’. Wheels are very weak at the rim, so most are bent. These trucks are basically a heavily modded S10, so they have other issues (wiring, poor suspension, noises, squeaks & rattles, no room under the hood, etc).

I knew a guy with a Syclone running 11.90s, but it was always broke. He sold it while it still ran.

This being said, I still think they are sweet trucks. If I had extra $$ & a place to keep it, I would get another one. Sy or Ty.

well, i am currently looking at a firehawk, and a Syclone.

Thanks for the info SS. The one i’m looking at has the updated 4.3 bottom end, hardwired fans, and a few other light mods. I looked at a spotless one last weekend (Pittsburgh truck). But he didnt want to sell it. But your right, their pretty tempermental.

BTW this guy told me it took him 4 hrs to change plugs, he had to remove the steering shaft to access the middle plug. and fender well for the other side. True??? He also had AIS shocks on it, because he’d smoke corvettes going down 79 but in the S’s they’d pull away from him, so he ditched the stock shocks, he also lowered the back 2" which made the truck sit level. It was truely a near perfect Sy, right here in the area. But again, not for sale.

I’ll be driving out to Philly this weekend to look at another Sy.