Tail Lights

Iv grown to like the 98+ tail lights on firbirds more then 93-97. How hard is it to change?and what is all involved with that?

ttt

nothin like uppin a two hour thread. just for that i will not answer…

:rofl:

just trying to get advice…

right, but dont plan on getting replies instantly…give them time to reply

i usually get quick replies.and iv been working on a paper all day and i keep coming back to this 2 kill some time

they will bolt right in if u get them with the wiring harness that u should get when u buy them, i belive brian sells it with them when he sells them

if u have a 97 and newer camaro and change to the old lights, a wiring harness is not needed. if you have a 93-96 and put the 97^ lights in u have to get the wiring harness from a 97^ car. the harness is easy to change and yes brian (pewter sells them). i changed mine over so i been through it

im sure he will remember that when he gets a camaro. but since he has a T/A LOL im surprised brian hasnt posted unless he is out of town.

im pretty sure lt1 to ls1 style tails are exact swap for firebirds. but not positive. they may have to be changed like camaro. PM pewter

i was in brandywine Md sleeping with 00blackSS

well i guess ill just have 2 wait till my dad gets his 99 LS1 out of storage and compare

they are the same take the old style out and put the new ones in, nothing to it

they will go right in,dam two ppl said so

ight thanks guys.i appreciate it.

wait so i need the harnesses to?or can i just used the bulbs and harness of my current tail lights?

if you dont like the amber lense on the old style, just paint over it with Testor’s translucent candy apple red. i did it to my old 89 irocz lights…got rid of the amber

no amber in the 4th gens. and just un plug and re plug in new tails. its fn easy

so i can run my current harnesses and bulbs??

yes you can run your bulbs and pigtails for the current harness. /thread