Talk to me about Ford Exploders.

I’m guessing probably no. 3500lb tow limit isn’t a whole lot. My 18’ boat goes 3k loaded with gas and trailer.

not a fan of exploders…though i dont know how the new ones are. i would stay away from trailblazers. infact i dont like suv’s at all. i would look at the toyota’s if it were me…i may be more of a “gm” guy, but the new crap is complete garbage.

This. Use for 2-4 years and sell for 15K.

I was thinking buy for $15k, lol.

An SS silverado is going to be my first non-real estate purchase after graduation

if you have to ask about it, you dont want it bad enough.

Explorers are overall solid vehicles. They have a history of killing transmissions. The only reason I say that is many of the ones at auctions are there because they have bad transmissions or rott. and to whoever said they hold value. NO they don’t. I don’t care what year you buy depreciation is going to hit you hard. If you are looking at one just make sure you pay a little extra attention to the way the transmission shifts on the test drive. Other than that the rear springs sag so if that bothers you just replace them, and they wear out balljoints just like all the american body on frame vehicles. so count on that every couple years.

I think it is out of the miles you are looking for but I think justin brought in a V8 BMW X5 if you wanted to look at that as well as a V8 touareg black on black. The BMW drives way better than the touareg but I still prefer the touareg interior big time + it has low range and a center locking diff. I don’t have any details on them you would have to call him if you are interested because they are not listed on here… actually I don’t think any of his cars are.

Good old NYSpeed. Suggest a 1.5 cab pickup when I’m looking at SUV’s with 3 rows of seating. Might as well suggest a block of cheese since it’s about as relevant to this discussion. Dummies. :kiss:

I probably won’t do anything till next summer but 4runner or pilot with under 100k, or a screaming deal on an explorer would be just about right. The explorers just always appeal to me because you really get a lot of luxury for your money, plus they’ve been one of the safest suv’s running since like 2004, and especially lately I just don’t buy the domestic hate. Two of the big three have been putting out some solid shit. Chrysler still sucks.

VW Toureg and X5 are interesting ideas. The problem with them is they’re really in the next level up category so to get one in the same price range I’m looking at too old and high of miles for what I want.

i love my mountaineer … if you would like to stop by and take a looksy and or test drive feel free to pm me … im right around the corner from praxair

mine is the loaded v8 premier package … dont rule out the lincoln aviator … same truck … but you get a better v8 … air ride and better interior

Jim, stop trying to drive an SUV around for 340 days a year when you tow a boat 25 days, just sell the boat!

I really like the interior in a coworkers explorer. He’s owned it for 60k miles and does nothing but regular maintenance. No major problems at all. It threw it’s first check engine light at 85k for a thermostat/coolant issue. He fixed it himself and he’s far from a mechanic.

I had an Eddie Bauer V8 explorer for ~20k miles. I ended up getting rid of the truck around 50k due to the wheel bearings blowing up, and the engine was making a funky ticking noise (I was told it was the timing chain). I liked it when I had it and it worked, but I couldn’t image owning one that was more than 5 years old and had more than 50k on it. Meh.

My Cherokee has been super reliable

Any reason for staying SUV?

i drove a new one as a rental and was surprised by how reasonable it was but i would still recommend an Edge over it.

My '06 gc has been awesome, fully loaded. Has 56k, no issues just regular maintenance.

Trailblazer > Explorer. Granted mine was the SS but owned it for 39 months and it was in the shop once, for a fog light bulb, and I hammered on it consistently and towed. FORD :io:

The edge is for women. Sorry brah

Bs. my edge is a kick ass vehicle.

Posted from tapatalk

Government Motors :io:

Completely irrelevant to this thread so this will be my last post on the subject but the only reason Ford didn’t need assistance was because they ran out of money even before the recession and the other two did, and had to mortgage every asset they owned for a bunch of enormous credit lines to start their restructuring. In their case, they succeeded by failing.