Tan S&M trail frame--- bmx frame, some parts

bought it new… its tan with 21inch top tube. i’ll get pics of it when i can.
only rode it for about a year, not very hard either tho. i got out of riding, just didnt have time to do it with school and all.

also have the S&M slam bars. ok condition. i gotta dig my bike out of my shed and clean it up.

i’m lookin for 120 for the bike frame. 15 for the handle bars.

i’ll see what else i have

what type of neck is on it? starbolt?

Cranks, wheels, sprocket?

I know someone looking for a frame and bars. I’ll let him know.

hey guys…

i pulled the bike out the shed today and striped it down to the frame and cleaned it up some.

the trail frame has 21inch top tube with 3/8" axle slots and 1 1/8 inch head tube for 1 1/8 inch forks. seat tube i think is around 25.4mm… somewhere around that, not 100% sure. the opening appears to be around 25-26mm but subtract some for clearance.

i have a FSA the pig headset that i will include with the frame. the headset is like new, bought same time as the bike and used for one summer basically.

the Slambars are in abit worse shape than i thought. they have mild surface rust forming… you can see it in the pics. i can try and clean it up but not sure how to get it off… needs some sort of rust remover and/or buff it off. might hurt the chrome finish tho but its already cloudy and has mild blemishes in it. the bars are about 1.5 years old or so… possibly 2 years.

I also got a Voxom stem that is included with the handle bars. all the parts with it too. or else if you want it with the bike frame i will sell it to ya for 8 bucks.

i have no rims/cranks/seats/brakes/sprockets. just the frame, handlebars, headset, and stem. i also got the factory fork off a 99 or 00 schwinn predator bmx bike. make offer on that… its light and not damaged but aint worth much LOL

pics! hope they work
frame
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5605/trailframe0ov.jpg

handlebars
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/1866/slambars3zy.jpg

rust on bars
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/8384/rustbars1pb.jpg

if anyone is interested, let me know via PM

else in a few days i’m gonna throw it on ebay. lol

to get the rust off you can either take very high grit sandpaper, keep soaking it in water as you rub down the metal, and then wash it off, making sure you keep the sandpaper wet

or if that scares you too much (it shouldnt)

then you can take a can of Coca Cola, mash up a handful of alluminum (sp?) foil, and as long as you keep the foil wet, it will work perfectly, and will not scratch in the least, no matter how bad it seems, just make sure u keep it wet

hope this helps man, and hopefully u can get it off and get some extra loot

sos pads

thanks guys i’ll try that

BUMP

also… i got some pegs. i think two sets of 4. decent shape

for 3/8" axles. make offers

do you know how much it weighs? im stuck with my old school STA which weighs a ton and id like to lighten my bike. i would just have to find a grinder for the axle slots.

edit: also do u have a pic that shows the rear axle slots so i can see if it looks like there is room to grind it to oversized axles.

i’ll get a pic up soon. theres alot of room for 14mm axles. this frame is pretty light. 5-6 lbs. i’ll try and weigh it, i just gotta get a scale, i dont have one here anymore. LOL

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4194/bike7an.jpg

there u go.

haha i think i have two of them buried in my basement

STA RULES

weighs a ton ha

i loved that frame!:blue:

3/8 is poop! :slight_smile:

I have at least two complete bikes sitting in my garage, including my current WTP :blue:

well, last chance before its goin on EBAY

and edit… i said it had 1inch head tube for 1inch forks but i measured it wrong… most all forks are 1 1/8 inch and its indeed a 1 1/8 inch tube… sorry for the confusion

i need to sell this

hey sorry i forgot about this thread… ive been crazy busy lately gettin ready for bonnaroo. anyways can i come look at it sometime? let me know. ill be gone all this weekend at bonnaroo in tennessee, but we can work something out for the week after that and i can come look. let me know.

yep still have it… was gonna put it on ebay but havent got around to it yet.

just let me know what time is good for you. i live out in delmont, which is just outside of greensburg