Tankless water heater guys come in side.

How many BTU’s is yours? Looks like 199k is the way to go, but I’m wondering if I can get away with 180,000 to save some dough? Looks like it’s 4.3 vs 4.0 gpm at 77 degree rise.

I just installed a Navien NR 240 and it is 199k btu.

Moved to ‘Homes’ … n00b.

Get ready for major headaches or replacement in a few years.

We have a tankless heater at work. its been running for strong for 8+ years.

:tup:

and all the guys saying they are unreliable and will break, are the same guys that don’t understand why people need cell phones and computers, when they did just fine without them.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Irony or coincidence that you drive an Audi?

Judging by the cars you own, I thought you had stock in Tylenol Migraine.

Admittedly I am going by what a plumber friend has told me about them. What brand do you have?

how many tankless thread have we had now. They all end with the decision a traditional is the better choice.

Meh. Tech changes. Last time I looked at these the vent piping was $500 dollars and there was no other option. Now you can use PVC.

I thought the big conclusion was due to cost to buy vs. expected life. has the cost come down a ton?

What is the current cost of a good tankless system right now?

Tankless ftw

Endless hot water :tup:

I’ll take more instant on and just buy larger tank if needed… unless cost came down. It was something like 1/3 the cost for traditional before, don’t know about now.

Do you live alone? lol

How long does it take to get hot water to the faucet with tankless?

Direct vent isn’t an option for me. Powervent tanks are over $800 so it’s only like a $400 dollar premium for tankless now that I don’t need double walled stainless exhaust. If I can get it “installed” by a contractor then there’s like $500 or so in added rebates that make the tankless cheaper.

If your tank exhausts through a chimney then you can get a DV tank for like $350-400.

that sounds a lot better (maybe a 4-8 years to break even).

check this if you haven’t seen it and want to nerd out:

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/femp/technologies/eep_waterheaters_calc.html

If it’s $2500 vs $1000 - divided over 20 years, it’s $6/month. I guarantee I save over $6/month - Gas Wise.

I am shocked a tankless system can be efficient after 8 years of scale build up.