task manager not working????

maybe this is a dumb question or i just fucked up my computer but i cant access my task manager. when i press control alt delete all i get is screen that says my user name and it offers me the option to disconnect or logoff. anyone have an idea what i did wrong or how to fix it?

What about if you right-click on your time, or type taskmgr in your run box?

Same result… my username with prev. options

Any chance you played with your user privileges? Either that or something turned it off for you.

Disclaimer: Don’t fuck up it’s not my fault if you do the registry one. However it shows you where the option is. :slight_smile:

decisions decisions if this is the problem it will be solved so easily but if it isnt i will be fucked. Maybe ill wait an see if there are any other options…no offense to you just dont want to dig a bigger ditch than im already in

You did look below the registry fix. There is also instructions on how to fix it without doing that, and just using the control panel. :stuck_out_tongue:

However if you are using Home it’s moot, but it was not specified.

bump anyone got any ideas?

What version of XP are you running

um…xp…just the one that comes with dell laptops:gotme:

lol what ver of xp are u using.

umm, XP.

haha, sorry but that was funny.

so its been a long time since i posted this but i still havent figured it out and ive been searching for the past few days and i cant find any thing so im hoping maybe someone knows somethin.

I tried the 2 different ways posted above and they didnt work…the gpedit.msc when entered into the run screen returned a result of program not found.

Anyone got any other ideas?