Taxes On Used Car

west seneca DMV is gunna be a good bet. there are like 2-3 people that work there and there all older women.:slight_smile:

Wed. grand island town hall ā€¦ or anyday at the school on Sheridan-Parkside ā€¦ 1 old guy ā€¦ and he dont give a shit about ANYTHING

:lmfao:

BTW, the guy that bought my Audi tried to pull this scam, and got a letter in the mail a few months later demanding the taxes plus a 10% fine or some such thing.

Delevan, it was worth the ride once before. They know more about farm equipment than cars. :wink:

Xā€¦

Thatā€™s because the state does not collect taxes on vehicles sold between immediate family members. :slight_smile:

They have some younger staff at the sheridan parkside one everytime I have went, I wouldnt sugguest that one. By younger I mean under 50.

i went the the one in niagara county or which ever one it isā€¦take the twincity highway way down past that andersonā€™sā€¦bad descriptionā€¦i know hahaā€¦but it was easy/painless and they never asked a question

My friend bought a 2001 Eclipse for like $8000 and said he got it for $100 because the motor and tranny were shot. They didnā€™t ask any questions.

wow I have never had an issue and the only car I ā€œpaidā€ over $1,000 for was my MR2, and that was because the real sale price was only $1,200 :stuck_out_tongue:

this may have been mentioned

It helps a lot of you put something like ā€œsold as is with blown engineā€ in the receiptā€¦

That way you could say you paid like $10k for your bimmer, and it would make sense.

yea, im gonna have him write that it has transmission trouble no teh recipt or something to that nature

Thats weird, everytime Iā€™ve been to the dmv they tell me a bill of sale from the seller is no longer valid in NYS but you have to fill out the yellow bill of sale form from them. Every car I bought has been private party so I dunno how it is anywhere else, even downtown Buffalo/Cheektowaga have both told me this.

do u know the form name of this ā€œyellow slipā€ i supopse i can just fill it out on my own if need be

Theres the green one for registering the car, and the yellow one is the sales tax form. DTF802 as posted before:
https://ezvisit.dmv.state.ny.us/a1/ezvisit/DTF-802.pdf

I have never had a problem just filling this one out as I see just, the dmv has never given me crap or come back. Ive always had a story prepared to explain to them and they just always go through with it, so Iā€™ve never had to say the body is crap or the engine is shot, etc.

i registered my $100 BMW at the hamburg mobile dmvā€¦ granted it is 17 years old.

if they ask anything, or question you at all, say youā€™re using it for parts.

10k extra is almost 900 in taxesā€¦ i say write 10kā€¦ save 900 and start paying it offā€¦ or start modding it ā€¦ pics alreadY?

just have a somewhat professional looking ā€œbill of saleā€ with:

• SOLD AS IS
  • any problems you feel like making up
  • sold as chassis only, no motor, bad tranny, whatever
  • both parties signatures

or write it down as a gift like i did when i got both of my cars ahaha

Wow , thats harsh