Cheating NYS when registering a vehicle. whats at stake?

Whats at stake when you register a vehicle and lie about the price you paid? what can they do? and when would you KNOW that they were going to do it?
Is it common practice for people in private sales?

$10k for individuals, $20k for corporations.

It’s a misdemeanor
It’s on the bottom of the sales tax form.

the thing is…they can’t prove that you didn’t pay that price…unless you didn’t pay cash.

I usually write damaged as is on the recipet…the state does not know if the bike has ever been dropped, ect…

Yea. If you buy it and pay $10,000 and there is loans and shit in your name for a car…(which loans need the make,model,etc)…you can be fucked.

If you just are given it and pay cash, you cant get caught unless you admit to it.

well thats true… but they have the box for if the bike has been salvaged before etc etc… hmmm i suppose… this was just a figurative question…

so when would one find out if they were getting in trouble?

i was just thinking along the lines of when i file for taxes next year what do i claim on the taxes for bought and sold vehicles… because i have bought and sold the 636, the del sol, the gsxr, and now the 10r… this year lol…

RAPE/SPIT.

Well if you are going to screw the DMV out of taxes by saying you didnt pay something, you cant screw the IRS too. Its one or the other. Haha.

yea but im curious as to if they go hand in hand… lets say i bought a new r1 for 8k and claimed that on taxes… but only paid 100 bucks on taxes would they make that connection. Or would it be best to just record the same price at both places regardless of the price you pick?.. thats sounds better

anything over 10 years old they don’t give a fuck. you bought the car for 100 bucks

obviously didnt read the thread at all lol…

I just sold a car for $1000…

• a $6k brake job lol

Not true, what if you buy a wrecked car for $1000 and take out a loan for $5000 because it will cost $4000 to fix it?

I would think they would catch this if you claim it on your state income tax and at the NYS DMV… that I would not chance, IMO.

All though these departments are so fucked up I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t get caught, but that is really just asking for it IMO.

obviously you suck mucho cock, and we are going fishing on wednesday… BJ in the morning?

i dont think they will seriously look into it unless they see something waaaaaaaaay off

Sales tax and your income tax are two different things. Vehicles have nothing to do with your yearly taxes.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Friends of mine have written up 2003 model year cars for 2000 bucks, and the dmv doesn’t bat an eye.

dont say a newer(like 06 to 02) bike,car, watever is only worth a miniscle amount, it has to be somewhat reasonable. or it might set a flag off

and if u actually is new from the dealer, i wouldnt lie seeing there is sales reciets kept at the place of purchase.

when i was at aamco we got called out by the dmv since we recorded paying $2k for a 2 year old subaru. They made us prove that we paid that much, and that the car was in need of repair to justify the price paid. Of course that was for a corporation so i am sure that they were looking closer. It all worked in the end, simply because we had paid only $2k for the car