Teckademics Invades Pittsburgh

At our shop (Xtreme MotorsportZ LLC.) here in Moon Twp we are hosting an event the weekend of May 13,14,15. The event is a Car / Truck / Bike Show and Dyno Challenge. Some friends of ours run a company from Maryland called “Teckademics”, they produce a series of DVD’s that document the car/street racing culture called the “Mischief” series. Its the best selling DVD series related to automotive culture of all time, over 600,000 copies sold. The two guys that produce the video have reached a “celebrity” status in the industry. They and their company are coming to our shop that weekend in May for this event, to shoot a short documenty on our shop and additional video for the next DVD.

I have setup a weekend worth of events in the pittsburgh area to enable them to accurately document the automotive culture around town. I have invited select exceptional cars from the area to participate and represent Pittsburgh. Steel City’s Finest has some of the nicest cars in town and i think its would not be a proper representation of the steel city without you guys.

this is a link to the web board with the discussion about the event:

http://www.teckademicseast.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6008

If u read through it u will see that there are some exotic vehicles coming: 2 Ferrari’s, a Sylvia, 2 Skylines, 2 Lightnings, 2 turbo 240 SX’s, a 1000hp Supra, etc. As of now I need 17 hotel rooms for people coming from as far as Michigan and Buffalo, NY and its very early. Car people tend to procrastinate and usually for an event, the number of attendants double in the last 2 weeks leading up to the event. And this is not including the locals that will be attending.

Beaver Run Motorsports Park has donated 5 hours of track time for the DVD shoot on saturday and we are going to the Zeilie Airport Drag Races saturday evening. Also since the Party/Nightlife/Music is a big part of the culture we will be going out in pittsburgh both friday and saturday night to experience the local club scene. i will have reserved rooms at the clubs with special VIP passes for our group. The host hotel is the Holiday Inn - Airport. they have given our group a special rate and will have reserved parking for the cars.

the basic info on the weekend is this…

may 13-15

Friday:
-private dyno runs for Teckademics crew members ONLY and filming @ XMZ
till appx 6pm, spectators welcome
-night life in PGH till appx 8pm-2am, OVER 21 ONLY

Saturday:
-at Beaver run motorsports complex appx 10am-5:00pm (get fast and get
sideways), spectators welcome but track time is for Teckademics crew
members and select cars ONLY!
-at zelie airport for flashlight drags appx 5:30-9:00pm (go fast, go
straight) entry fee $25.00, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
-night life in PGH till appx 2am, OVER 21 ONLY

Sunday:
-car show @ XMZ from 10-4pm (filming, sign autographs )
-car show entry fee $5.00, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!

As for friday and sat, i’m not advertising those two days, people can come
and watch if they want but i don’t want people bothering the film crew.
i have invited a few select cars from around town to join us at the track,
i’m thinking about 20 cars should be good for filming. sunday is open to the public.

The local monthly TV show called “Street Heaters” will also be covering the
event, the Fox Sports Net (FSN) affiliate “The Pittsburgh Sports Report” will be there and i’m working on “hot rod news”, “The 12-volt Street News” and a few other publications.

there are NO RAIN DATES! so PRAY for great weather!!!

for more info on our shop, our website is:
www.xmotorsportz.com
the track website is:
www.beaverun.com
the airport drags is:
www.alteredgas.com/flashlight_drags.html

Teckademics:

www.teckademics.com

www.teckademicseast.com

All that has ever been around the PGH area is boring car shows with old cars and 50’s music playing, there has not been a weekend event that hits on all categories of the modern automotive culture. i want this to be it!

** NEWS BREAK **

this just in…

OK,

i just got the confirmation, sat night we have a reserved loung at “Club LEVEL” on the Pittsburgh boardwalk. i will have special VIP Passes for everyone that gets the ticketholder FREE entry to the boardwalk, Free entry to “Club Level” and your first Cocktail FREE. party is from 9pm-2am. complemetry Munchies will also be provided! for more info see:

http://www.pghnightlife.com/level.php

things are shaping up, this is gonna be kickass!!

OK,

Hotel info is finalized!!

The host hotel is: The Holiday Inn - Pittsburgh Airport

phone number, address and info available @:

http://www.holidayinnpittsburghairport.com

YOU MUST CONTACT THE HOTEL YOURSELF TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION!!!

Rate per room/per night is $62.00 !! (plus state and local tax)

Group reservation name: “XMZ - Teckademics”

Dates: May 13th,14th (check out 15th) 2005

This is a nice hotel. It has an indoor pool, high-speed internet and most importantly, good parking! The Corp sales manager told me that once i have an accurate count of vehicles comming, they will reserve parking for us, away from other guests. The parking lot is visable from the rooms and everyone will be on the same floor. The lot surface is smooth asphalt and the entrance is compatable with low-clearance cars and NO SPEED BUMPS! we have arranged for our good friends, the local police, to patrol the lot after dark for security. Both rooms types: 1 queen bed or 2 dbl beds, are available for reservation as well as roll-a-way beds and cribs for thoes with youngsters. If anyone comming from far away wants to stay into the 16th and drive home monday, just let the hotel know when u make your reservation. more spicific info on the hotel is on the above website. I hope everyone is happy with the hotel.

If u have not already done so, please remember to contact me at: XMZcraig@hotmail.com with:

name
cell phone
email
car u drive

of people comming in your party

of cars comming in your party

did u already reserve a hotel room?

i need to compile a list of people and cars comming. i am working hard to make this a weekend to remember and if it goes well, could become an annual event.

PLEASE DONT PROCRASTINATE!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!! GET THE INFO IN A.S.A.P. SO I CAN MAKE PROPER ARRANGMENTS FOR THE NUMBER OF ATTENDANTS!!

who wants to go watch cars dyno from the teck crew? I will be at the flashlights

Noob post may help :dunno:

:jerkit:

sounds like a cool event… i would like to attend and take pictures, i think i have the maturity not to bug the “film” staff.

let me know if this is possible

of course you can attend…

THE INFO PAGE IS NOW UP AND RUNNING…

http://www.xmotorsportz.com/events.asp

Post Times…?

I’m not really sure if this is just an extremely fast person here, getting all sorts of shit done in 3 minutes, or someone tryin to make it look like a bigger deal than it really is. now, i’m not trying to rag on you and all, i like the Teckademics DVDs, i actually have 3 of em. but this is just confusin me a bit here…

03-29-2005, 04:57 PM - Original Post

03-29-2005, 04:59 PM - Second Post, 2 minutes later

** NEWS BREAK **

this just in…

03-29-2005, 05:00 PM - Third Post, 1 minute after the second

OK,

Hotel info is finalized!!

…idk, i could be wrong, just seems weird to me

he might have been more or less bumping the thread, but it definitely seems like its going to be an exciting and cool event

i have no idea, but anytime i’ve seen anyone bump a thread, they waited longer than 1-2 minutes.

i agree it does seem like it’s going to be a decent event though

i copy and pasted the info to this thread from the event thread on teckademics web forums. the posts are for INFORMATION PURPOSES! i could care less about “bumping” a thread. i simply trying to advertise the event. if u want to see the ammount of intrest in this event go to:

http://www.teckademicseast.com/foru...read.php?t=6008

and u can read all about it. if u do you will see that there are people comming from all over the east coast and there are several exotic cars comming.

if u dont think its going to be a good event, dont come. i dont want anyone there who will not appriciate what i’m trying to accomplish. i’m working my ass off to put this together and anyone who has ever tried to put together even a SMALL show knows there is alot more work involved than anyone realizes.

i’m creating an oppertunity for pittsburgh cars to be seen on a popular DVD series that has sold over 600,000 copies WORLD WIDE! (not to mantion the local magazine and TV coverage) if you want to stay home and beat off, go right ahead, we dont want you here. i’m not trying to do any favors for the haters that are all over this board.

I like “PITTspeed.com”, but the people that come on here seem to prefer putting everyone else down to make themselves feel better, rather then having intelligent conversations about the automotive aftermarket.

maby it should be “PITThaters.com” instead. no offence to the folks who started this site, its the people that come here that make it shitty…

this will be at the show, comming from canada…
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/DSC_3448.jpg

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/DSC_3438.jpg

Yeah I’m sensing attitude here and you miss understood OTR comment. he asked why was therer 3 SEPERATE theads about one event on THIS ONE fourm IE Pittspeed.com

Then to say the people who visit this site make it shitty??? Chirst you are the one who never introduced yourself and started 3 damn threads about this. 1 thread in the “meets section” then two others in the Upcoming events section.

i heard from sooo many people that M3 is a hack job

Yeah I read that too. I think don’t quote me it was on the SCF Forums. Brad might beable to expand on that. It was one of those “looks good in pictures and far away but not up close”…

i will im brad :smiley:

this thread is not the only thread i’m talking about, theres plenty of bashing going on. i’m trying to advertise an event so the more i get the info out there the better. this is a show (that goes under show thread) and a place for people to meet (under meeting thread) its ok, if the moderator don’t want 2 threads related to this. they can delete the other. im sure thats why it was “closed” and thats fine. i just wanted it on both places for people that might not visit both thread sections. i know that if i found out about an event after it was over and i missed it because it was not advertised very well i would be dissapointed, thats all…

and in reguards to it being “shitty” i should have worded it
“…SOME people that come in here make it shitty…”
that would be more accurate and i appologize if i offended anyone. You would be a little touchy too if cars that you invested your blood, sweat, tears, 18+ hr days and over $100,000 in were being called “gay” and “tacky” on other threads on this site. everyone is entitled to their oppinion, but i’m also entitled to respond to it.

by the way, Jagermeister is my favorite liquer…

Way to go get me involved Chad! All I have to say is the one dude just asked why he made so many threads and posts for the same event and my man Craig sorta flipped out. Now, not only as a moderator on this forum but our SCF forum as well Craig has made multiple threads, maybe some see it as excessive…True there are some haters out there that frequent this forum but I don’t think anyone has been personally attacked so far so lets keep it that way, k kiddos. He’s just excited to promote such a world class event, I would be too. I personally can’t wait for this weekend to come, I mean, Im not gonna jump on Dado and Dustins stick when they get here like I see alot of people do but I think this will be a very fun filled weekend if everyone can keep it chill until then! lol