Tell me which you'd choose?

Normally I would agree with Maxwell here, but the inner ricer/dude-bro douche nozzle in me says “go for the black with red inserts”.

A little slow on the uptake there. I like the chrome look too but they’re starting to peel on the backside and I know it won’t be long before they get worse, especially with the salt. I like the second option from the perspective of being able to delete the red if I choose. Something about # 1 makes me like it though. Maybe it’s the silver accent. I think it’s the center cap projecting the “tattooed MMA” effect. Guy at work here has a set of XD spoke style wheels on his Dodge and the center cap looks very similar.

Have you looked at reviews on the Duratracs? Came across a tacoma forum post of 52 pages and from what most of them say it seems like they are a bitch to balance and ride/wear like shit. Posts at the begining were great reviews but at the end everyone seems to be pretty unhappy with them.

What size are your bfgs?

This is too perfect not to quote.

I’m going to do more research yet. Reality is I don’t really do much over 65 anywhere and the BFG’s don’t shake too much for what they are. I also think who / how you balance a tire has a lot to do with the end result. I do believe the tread pattern will be much more “road friendly”. I was on some forum too (don’t remember which) and they had the opposite response.

285/70/17. I was thinking of bumping up to 315/70/17. Not sold on that yet.

I got 285/70/17 and running them backward to get blackwalls.

Yeah. I’m definitely going non white letters. Looks sharp.

Pulled the trigger on the Duratrac’s in 285/70/17. I re-thought the larger size and think they might look a little too big, especially after seeing them on BigRon’s Jeep. Got them for about $1K delivered on discounttiredirect.com, with their $ 25.00 online savings and the GoodYear rebate of $ 60.00 comes off that to boot, so right around $ 260.00 ea. Still undecided on the wheels but around 51% on option # 1.

Pretty much striking out with the first two wheel choices…and I’ve searched. The first one is usually listed with the “NEW” tag on web pages yet when I call the main distributor / manufacturer, they’re discontinued. Moving on to the Enigma’s virtually no one has them in a negative offset and I just don’t want that “flush” look. Moved on and now trying to track down these.

http://fueloffroad.com/cms_images/wheels/large/Fuel_Revolver_10001.png

Why dont you just dip/paint/pc your existing wheels to black.

I really just dont want the hassle and the chrome is starting to peel. Not to mention I dont have 2 or 3 extra cars lying around to drive while I’m doing it…unless i can borrow the E55?

You can, with a $19,000 USD non refundable deposit.

You could do plastidip in your driveway in a day and never worry about them peeling.

Hey pal. My driveway certainly doesn’t look like yours so I’m not “dipping” anything on there. 14k USD on the e class, and that’s being generous.

Fuel Revolvers are on the way. A little more than the original Ballistics but I had a better chance finding a virgin in a whore house than anything in the first two I liked. Option 1 was apparently discontinued and option 2 wasn’t much easier to find, especially with the negative offset. My garage smells like new tires now since sitting in there for a few days. Kinda like it.

• Updated - - -

I keep looking at the bare tires in the garage and am actually thinking of white letters out. This must be what getting old is all about…indecisiveness.

Its concrete and blacktop…looks like most driveways…16 and you can take her

Wow. You’re tough but I can work with you. OK. 12.5K on your financing program and I’ll pick it up this weekend.

One of the four came in yesterday. Think I’m going to be happy. We’ll know next week.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering wheels online. Stay the fuck away from 4wheelonline.com. Don’t be fooled by any “cheap pricing” they may offer, or rebates. It’s not even close to worth the headaches I’ve gone through with these monkeys. Got the last remaining wheels (3) last Thursday afternoon. When I drove up the driveway I could see one box was smaller than the others. Sure enough, sent me a 16" and two 17" wheels. Contacted them the next day and they said they were readily available in stock if I ordered right away. After 4 days I finally asked for a tracking number and was told I’d have one in another three-four days, which meant it hadn’t even shipped out yet! A day or so later I get a backorder notice with a wait of at least two weeks.

I finally called the distributor / wholesaler warehouse who dropped shipped direct the first order. They claimed to have a set of (4) in stock. I call 4wheelonline back and they tell me they’re getting it from someother warehouse or some bullshit and that it has to be shipped from CA to them in FL and then they would re-ship to me, which would probably end up being close to 10 days, even though that’s not what they did the first time. They stopped responding to my aggravated emails and I found them in stock on Rimzoneonline.com from a recommendation from one of the Ford forums. Set up the order (with the very friendly and personable rep), he answered my questions and verified it to be in stock and I would probably see it in 3-4 days.

Again, stay away from 4wheelonline.com.