New Wheels for the Denali

I said when I get this truck I wasnt going to get wheels for it anytime soon but I couldnt resist. Its tax return time and I broke down and got a set of wheels for my truck. I was going to get 24’s but the deal on the 22’s I got was unreal and the price for tires for the 22’s was $1098, the price for tires on the 24’s were $2300 :eek: Here is a few pics of the wheels themselves with my friends tires mounted on them. The tires have 10k on them, they are in really really good condition. I figure they would last me through the summer without having to spend $1098 on tires! My buddy had these tires from his old 22’s now he has 24’s.

Wheels w/ tires mounted & balanced chillin in the garage.
http://home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/22s.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/22s2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/22s3.jpg

Ill be putting them on the truck in a little while… ill take some pics on the truck as soon as I mount them.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

:cool: :cool: cant lose with twenty twos

Originally posted by SP71Supra
I said when I get this truck I wasnt going to get wheels for it anytime soon but I couldnt resist. Its tax return time and I broke down and got a set of wheels for my truck. I was going to get 24’s but the deal on the 22’s I got was unreal and the price for tires for the 22’s was $1098, the price for tires on the 24’s were $2300 :eek: Here is a few pics of the wheels themselves with my friends tires mounted on them. The tires have 10k on them, they are in really really good condition. I figure they would last me through the summer without having to spend $1098 on tires! My buddy had these tires from his old 22’s now he has 24’s.

Wheels w/ tires mounted & balanced chillin in the garage.
http://home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/22s.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/22s2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/22s3.jpg

Ill be putting them on the truck in a little while… ill take some pics on the truck as soon as I mount them.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

I like them a lot actually. A lot of the big truck rims are gaudy as fuck, but those are real nice! You gonna bring that down to OC, or just the Supra?

Or both? :x:

Originally posted by Darkstar
I like them a lot actually. A lot of the big truck rims are gaudy as fuck, but those are real nice! You gonna bring that down to OC, or just the Supra?

Or both? :x:

Thanks Mike…

Thats why I liked those wheels, they are not bulky and the light should reflect nice off the spokes when its rollin down the road! I am definatly going to OC… I PM’d you about that room, I want the last one that you PM’d me about! I am going to tow down my car with the Denali not the flatbed. My dads friend has an open car trailor, I will just put the cover on the Supra and haul it down. Its too noisy / rides too rough to take that trip… not that it wouldnt make it, just not my idea of a nice trip down when I have something else thats a lot nicer to ride down in.

looks good

Originally posted by SP71Supra
Thanks Mike…

Thats why I liked those wheels, they are not bulky and the light should reflect nice off the spokes when its rollin down the road! I am definatly going to OC… I PM’d you about that room, I want the last one that you PM’d me about! I am going to tow down my car with the Denali not the flatbed. My dads friend has an open car trailor, I will just put the cover on the Supra and haul it down. Its too noisy / rides too rough to take that trip… not that it wouldnt make it, just not my idea of a nice trip down when I have something else thats a lot nicer to ride down in.

:cool:

I never got that PM though. I’m sitting at work right now so if you want you can call and I’ll set everything up. Or PM me or whatever. 1-800-213-0088

why are they so dirty though?

:cool: wheels:bigok:

they look nice…can’t wait to see them on the truck…
are you gonna get a big brake kit for your truck now?

:cool: are they taller than u?:wink: :wink:

Originally posted by whitey

why are they so dirty though?

there not dirty thats just the back of the wheels & the tires that are dirty from the test ride / fit… they are brand new. Heres the story behind them.

My friend bought a set of 22’s at T.C. down by the mall, he ran them all last summer / fall. At the end of the season this past fall he took the wheels off for the winter and noticed on one of the wheels the chrome was cracked. So he called T.C., T.C. called the wheel company and they said they would warranty the wheel but the style wheel he had was not available anymore because they switched to a new line for 04. So they sent him a catalog of all the 22’s the company makes and he picked a set (the set in the pictures). He got the wheels about 2 weeks after he took off the old ones. So he got his Nitto tires mounted on the brand new wheels and balanced. I guess its really hard to balance anything over a 20 inch wheel, the 1st time he got the 22’s it took them 3 times to get the balance right. So after he got the wheels with the tires mounted / balanced he wanted to make sure they rode ok and were balanced right. So we mounted them on his truck (this was before I had my Denali) and took a little cruise down to South Park (it was one of those freak days in the fall when its really warm)… we got back from south park and took the wheels back off at my shop and they have been sitting in his garage this winter.

So basically they are brand new 22’s and the only time they were driven on I was in the vehicle.

So now my friend is on the 24 kick so he is willing to spend $8000 for a set of wheels and $2400 on tires :eek: So his really really bad loss is my GREAT GREAT gain. :smiley: I want to say what I paid for the wheels but for re-sale reasons im not going to. They were 4K for the wheels and $1200 for tires brand new.

pretty badass mark. should look really good towing the supra!!

there is a fullsize gmc blazer up here with the same wheels in silver and they look sweet.

looks good :cool:

Originally posted by Quik
there is a fullsize gmc blazer up here with the same wheels in silver and they look sweet.

Thats cool man, do you mean a Tahoe? or an older style full size blazer? I just got an awsome deal on them, they are brand new, and they are the right backspacing / bolt pattern as my truck.

I think it will be pretty cool to take the Denali to a car show and park it with the wheels cocked different ways with the wheels on it. When you turn the wheel to the right, the rear wheels turn to the left.

post pics of the truck

wheels look real good, cant wait to see them on the truck

Originally posted by BlkP42E
post pics of the truck

even without the wheels

Here are some pics of the truck without the wheels… heres basic info on it.

2004 GMC Sierra Denali
6.0L V8 366ci 325hp
Quadrasteer
HID Projection Headlights
DVD Navigation
XM Radio w/ Playboy Channel :wackit::naughty:
Leather Steering Wheel w/ Radio/NAV controlls
16 Way Adjustable Heated Captians Chairs
Center Console
Homelink
OnStar
Digital Climate Controll
Rear Seat Seperate Radio & Headsets & Climate Controll
Hard Lockable Tonneau Cover

Inside Pics
home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/CIMG0184.JPG
home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/CIMG0005_2.JPG

Outside Pics
home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/DSCF0023.JPG
home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/DSCF0020.JPG
home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/DSCF0030.JPG
home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/DSCF0029.JPG
home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/DSCF0025.JPG
home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/DSCF0027.JPG

that thing is badass how much did you get it for?

Originally posted by BlkP42E
that thing is badass how much did you get it for?

Sticker is $46,000 w/o Navigation
NAV was 2k
What I paid is what I paid :slight_smile: