Testing Waters: HD Projector and wall mount screen

I am not sure if I want to sell this or not, but I am considering selling my projector and screen. It is an Infocus X2 w/ a 60" widescreen projector screen. Quite a few people on the site have been over to my house to play it, and they can attest to how nice it is. We turned our basement into a home theator room. We just dont use it much anymore, and spend alot of the time now in the living room. Here are the specs according to Infocus:

Native Resolution: SVGA 800 x 600
Display Technology DLP® by Texas Instruments®: 0.55" SVGA DDR DMD
Input Sources Computer (M1-DA); Video (S-Video 4-pin mini DIN and Composite RCA); Audio (Stereo RCA)
Output Sources: Monitor Out (VESA); Audio (3.5mm)
Computer Compatibility SVGA, VGA, XGA, Macintosh®
Video Compatibility SDTV (NTSC, PAL, SECAM), ED/HDTV (Component, RGBHV, and DVI for these signal formats: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i)
Brightness 1700 max ANSI lumens (standard mode)
1100 max ANSI lumens (whisper mode)
Contrast Ratio: 2000:1 full on/full off
Number of Colors 16.7 million
Projection Lens: Zoom lens with manual focus and manual zoom adjust
Zoom Ratio: 1.2:1
Throw Ratio 1.89 to 2.27:1 (D/W), 1.51 to 1.82:1 (D/D) Minimum Projection
Distance: 1.5 m (maximum distance 9.8 m)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 native, 16:9
Image size: (diagonal) 2.7’ to greater than 21.6’ (0.8 m to greater than 6.5 m)
Projection Methods: Front, ceiling, rear
Audio: 2.5-Watt mono
Control Projector keypad; IR remote control
Lamp: 200W SHP/4000 hours
Dimensions: 9.8"(W) x 12.9"(L) x 4.2"(H) 24.9cm x 32.7cm x 10.6cm
Weight: 6.8 lbs./3.1 kg
Power Consumption: 200 watt typical/250 watt maximum
Power Supply: 100V – 240V at 50 – 60 Hz
Operating Temperature: 5° to 40° C at sea level (0 to 10,000’); 41° – 104° F
Audible Noise: 39 dB (standard mode); 37 dB (whisper mode)

[size=2]The bulbs last around 4,000 hours, and this one is maybe around 500 or so, so it has a good 3,500 hours or so left on it. The picture is great, and the display is BRIGHT, even in light. We have played Xbox 360 on it utilizing the HD output, and its simply gorgeous. Included is the projector, the custom ceiling mount I made, power cord, computer VGA cable, screen, and paperwork.

I would like $400.00 for it, but like I said, I am in no rush to sell it, so if no one is interested, I will continue to enjoy it. If you are not one of the people that have come over to use it, feel free to stop by and check it out! I would never trust an ebay sale on something like this, so buy from me, and know you are getting a good projector and bulb!

–mark
[/size]

great price. If I had bigger rooms in my house…lol.

glws

You only need about 8 feet or so to get a really nice , 6’ widescreen picture. My basement is not too large.

I forgot to mention that the remote control is included as well!

–mark

It’s definitly nice I can vouch for that. If I had the money I would buy it.

I’m interested could I come over to vcheck it out? let me know pm me. Thanks

:tup: to projectors. i love mine. gotta have some good surround sound to go with it tho.

Vouch for Mark, great guy and the projector is sweet!

Thank you for the positive comments everyone. PM’s responded.

Any quick pics? Very Interested

Sorry, no camara. You can stop by any time to see it though.

–mark

Not a bad price or setup…

only one bad comment though… it’s not HD…

720p and 1080i… yes, it is HD

Video Compatibility SDTV (NTSC, PAL, SECAM), ED/HDTV (Component, RGBHV, and DVI for these signal formats: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i)

Yes, it accepts those inputs, but you don’t have the resolution to project true HD…

"Any fixed-pixel display will display this standard, so when you see a display described as having a native resolution of “800 x 600” pixels, you know that it has enough resolution to extract virtually full clarity from a DVD player that outputs a 480p, progressively scanned image. That resolution is not high enough to display full HDTV, but it’s nearly enough to capture every line of a wide-screen DVD, which calls for 852 x 480 resolution. Put another way, the resolution would measure 852 pixels across each of 480 horizontal lines scanned sequentially from top to bottom. Typically this is the resolution of the least expensive plasma and LCD thin-panel displays, as well as inexpensive DLP projectors that use the 800 x 600 DLP chips. "

“To take full advantage of HDTV’s ability to render spectacular clarity and detail, you must find an LCD, plasma, or DLP device that has a native resolution of either 1,280 x 720 pixels (720 lines progressively scanned with a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio) or “1080i” (1920 x 1080), which represents a 16:9 widescreen image with 1920 pixels across each of 1080 interlaced scan lines. These are the only two High Definition formats defined by the HDTV standard.”

So you get downscaling, or whatever its called. Thats why the price is $400, instead of $4,000. 800 x 600 is still much better then any crt TV, which I believe is 320 x 240.

–mark

800x600 is fine, for 400 bucks you really can’t go wrong.

Exactly. And like I said, come over and play with it. Its simply gorgeous!

–mark

Would you sell the screen alone at all?

Only if the buyer didnt want it.

If anyone wants the projector separatly, for a lower price, please PM sleeper and work it out. As long as I get 400 total, I dont care how you split the costs :slight_smile:

–mark

damn… thats not a bad deal. Wish I had the spare cash. Would be great for video games I’d think (especially for drunken Wii sessions since you don’t have to worry about putting the remote thru a $1K+ TV :D)… bump for you

The X2 and 4805 look BETTER then many HDTV resolution projectors.
People spewing out specs dont know much about these things.