Texas mile zr1 266mph

http://www.youtube.com/user/RacerxMach6#p/u/2/rNd0FpubGPE

right around 3min…Im not taking anything away from this car but I dont know how accurate this is!

weird

that ZR1 was deff. turbo tho. You could hear it.

what makes me wonder is that Silver Z06 right after, looked like it was going faster then the ZR1 and that only put down 188mph.

Isnt that 20mph over the previous record?

i believe a supra went 24xmph

wish they had a vid of the zr1 going all the way down, i kno they start slow for traction but that z06 after it was def rippn… but 266 is faaassssttttt

SW went 248.6… 266 wheres your parachute moron. if this was the Maxton mile which is run by the East Coast Timing Association, that car would never run again without a parachute

I think that is a z06, not a zr1, it has red calipers…and as everyone knows i am the biggest z06/zr1 fan boi going, and idk if i believe 266!

266 is REALLY hard to believe… The car was definately moving out though!

Def. looks like a Z06, and 266 just doesn’t seem right :lol

looks like a boosted zed oh six.

Believable, I suppose.

to run 266 mph, that car needs to be making some serious power.

yeah like 1500 lol.

Aero aside, I’d guess around 1200-1400whp. I don’t recall what SW makes, but I think the ZR1/Z06 is still lighter than a Supra I believe.

-Cossey on JVG’s name-

i dont even know how much power you would need. but i dont know about 266

From what I’ve read on 6speedonline, the winds at the last even in October were almost deadly. One of the Porsche’s sunroof caved in or something of that nature just from the air pressure difference between the car doing 180+ and the wind. People were complaining how much they were drifting and swaying down the track. I’d guess that some debris crossed one or two of the markers. Either way, the car was doing at least 180mph which is still moving.

i doubt there gonna have a vette faster then the turbo busa record and thats 256mph

No way that is 266. Would need to make 1500-1600whp among many other things.

SW ran into a nasty headwind, 248 off the trailer. his next run is when the engine let go. it blew up deep in 5th at 3/4 mile mark and still ran a 228mph run after coasting 1/4 mile. 266 is entirely possible given the power. Z06s have pretty good aero, and tons of gearing, 1400whp + a tail wind. sure.

think about it. SW was making 12-1300hp(hardtop - weight + aero) for the nearly 250mph run. Amit Bahkata was making about ~1460whp in his STEEL WIDEBODY Supra and went 246mph.

Been confirmed, SW’s Supra ran the fastest time. Vette did not run anywhere close to that.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568374

did he run the Gallardo in the mile?

Peter Blach shutting it down!