th400

hey guys,

haven’t been on in awhile, trans am is running great but, i’m havin a tranny issue…

i’m hoping i don’t need a new tranny, but, who knows…

alright here’s what it does… in drive, speed increases, but wont shift outta 1st, and when it reaches ~45 mph (roughly 4700 rpm) it starts to slip…i’m not sure if that a fault in the tranny, or maybe an issue with the stall converter, or some vacuum piece on the tranny that regulates when the tranny shifts…

i was told by someone that there is a part on the tranny that runs off vacuum the helps/tells the tranny shift…if anyone knows the name of that part i’d be 20bucks away from fixing it, or i’d need to get a new tranny…either way, i’d like someone to point me in the right direction…

thanks for any kinda help i can get

modulator

hey i got a tranny for you if you want it. its a 76 th400 with 50k on its yours if you haul it. it came from a 455 buick electra

word quik,

give me after the weekend to figure out what it is, and i’ll get in touch with you about that,

can you vouch for the tranny? came outta a running car and everything? no problem at all?

Thanks

went out today and bought the modulator valve, and some motor mounts, aiming for saturday, maybe, if things go right…i’ll be behind the wheel of a real car again…