The 30th's Big gay Winter build

:word:

good to hear progress

Nope. Forged pistons/rods. Cranks are fine to almost 1000hp. 347 cubes instead of 346. other than that, better heads/intake/rockers/lightweight shit and a 150+ jet. should be fun with being able to hook.

LOL at a 150shot on forged pistons and rods ya nancy.

Is that ur old crank spiffed up? Just wondering why u didn’t stroke it?

ahem “other project”. you know what i’m talkin bout.

again :word:
all the time and money, why not get over 400 cubes

Decent LS stroker crankshafts are close to $1000, and 383 is the largest you can go with this block bore & sleeve length. 400+ cubes require an LS2 or larger block also +$1100

Agreed

[QUOTE=Firehawk853;1329673]Decent LS stroker crankshafts are close to $1000, and 383 is the largest you can go with this block bore & sleeve length. 400+ cubes require an LS2 or larger block also +$1100

OUCH:eek: So, assuming y’all r using good rod bolts, what is the next limiting factor, the block?

On the 150 shot,he has to start somewhere, I give’em 2 wks b/4 he turn’s it up:lol:

i wanna sort traction out first then i’ll kill the bitch.

don’t need over 400 cubes for most of the cars around here…:fry:

ohhh how I <3 you

:picard: most… if you aint first your last ricky bobby. its like your building a car just to beat someone in particular

or how i want to build it? i don’t need a 700hp street monster. Not all of us want race cars believe it or not. but hey if you want to foot the bill on a 408 for me be my guest.

my car will run it’s 10’s and still turn like a sonuvabitch. exactly what I WANT it to do.

What did u wind up buy’in, a new block & crank? It was’nt assembled as ur crew put the piston’s in it, correct?

May I ask what it cost ya for a new crank?

pat bought other stuff he ended up not using (besides the rods), but in this engine he has new pistons and rods, stock crank, and then obv new bearings and all that crap. combo will be more than enough for what he’s doing. should be fast :tup:

Quick Pat build a trailer queen street car :slight_smile:

We all know how much you hating DRIVING

Now, if one of you could teach him to drive…

:roflpicard:

Cause I suck, too. :banghead:

it’s my original block/crank. forged rods/pistons. new bearings and such. Will actually be having a new cam now.

That exlains everything, the engine pic is when u got it back from the machine shop. I never advocate a stroker crank for the sake of 33 cubes, especially when using a power adder.

Buy that big cam ron was sellin w/240 of duration, you’ll be good to go:highfive: