The 3 day - E30 M50B25NV Swap

So I’ve got a bit of time off work, and have the NYSpeed track day coming up, along with several days at WGI and Nelson ledges… needless to say the Porsche is still not done so I decided to do an M50B25 Non Vanos swap into my e30. That’s the 2.5L DOHC 4 valve per cylinder Non vanos 325i engine from '92. Also came with some very trick dual valve springs which makes the '92’s good to 8000rpm, should you need the rpms. (No, it doesnt make power up there). Anyway, Andre (coldaccord) knew I was in the market and contacted me about a friend of his who got Tboned in his e36. Justin (gsx) and I went up and picked the car up from him I’m taking the engine, wiring, trans, driveshaft, and a few other misc things while Justin takes the suspension and various other parts he wants. I’ll post photos as I come in for breaks/food.

Hour 2
http://www.mturck.com/e30/DSCF3916.jpg
The donor car with the e30, tent is due to the excessive amount of rain…

http://www.mturck.com/e30/DSCF3920.jpg
http://www.mturck.com/e30/DSCF3922.jpg
Front end is off, wiring harness is disconnected, throttle cables disconnected, fuel lines, etc. Have to pull the exhaust, driveshaft, and part of the shifter linkage and then it comes out to get the e34 and e28 parts attached to it.

jesus man… srsbsns

that thing is going to be a hoot. ilc’s old car?

Yep ILC’s :slight_smile: Should be fun.

I’m going to get my corner weight scales and racelogic box out and do some baseline weight distribution/overall weight/performance numbers for the M20 before I pull it and then check again when the M50 goes in.

awsome man, thats quite the work load before next weekend, goodluck with it

:tup: i wish i had a project like this to do for today… rainy and boring. blah
i guess i’ll just wait patiently for updates and photos of all your fun.

hahah awesome… good to know my old car is going to good use

hows the Porsche doing :slight_smile:

Oh! if you have a decent amount of time on your hands… wanna help me install some things? I’ll pay ya!

I envy your skills. This should be an awesome thread

L o L

:tup:

You and justin are birds of a feather.

So how long did it take you just to get the front end off of the cars?

work faster so i can scrap it!

About 20 minutes to get the front end off. Would’ve been about 40 minutes if I didnt care about damaging anything.

Shoot me a PM.

Engine is almost out, restored internet connection to garage 10ft from car :tup:

More pics in a bit.

lol we need the damn webcam

Where’s the webcam??

In on an epic thread.

lol the “mpd fan club” can watch work! Dont drop that wrench!

LOL, Not to take anything away from MPD or anything… This is a common swap. Almost as easy as all the honda swaps that use to be so prevelant 5 years ago.

I’m sure MPD will agree with that. And good luck with the 92 non vanos. I think you should boost it, they hold up nicely to abuse

you should call me daddy

Do they usually do it 3 day marathon-style while updating the thread with pictures from the computer they set up on their workbench, and have a webcam?

Sorry, I didn’t know that was so common and not worth talking about. Hope your engine runs better than your mouth.

My engine is second only to my mouth. nice read, homo

—> Back to the topic. BOOST IT!!

Yeah, it definitely is a common swap, but most of the e30 kiddies take weeks to do it and complain about it’s difficulty and how hard it is to mix and match the right parts. Which is a load of horse shit. 20 minutes on R3v and I knew exactly which combo of parts I wanted to use.

As for boost… :rx3: It doesnt say blowneuroz in my sig for nothing… and that’s all I’ll say for now…

:clap: