mk3 GTI rally project.

this is a Budget build.
This car is my winter beater im planing on using for rally and ice racing. step 1 lift golf.
1st pic is stock height.

lifted with stock rims

lifted with 16" oz wheels and new winter force tires

done with step 1

rear view

. num num num eating tires just showing how tall it is driving over tire with room to spare

Did research found b3 passat suspension from a vr6 wagen has taller and stronger struts and springs. perfect swap. next to come is full skid plates and a front end (clean) light bar with hella driving lights, strut tower lower and upper bars.

host pics somewhere else then roflwagen…no one can see shit

[ATTACH]30017[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30018[/ATTACH]

We have to get it over to autobahn to build this bar as winter is upon us. Get some materials ordered and we can just make the skid plate and lower stress bar into one and the same. It’s gonna be a blast to drive, I also have those ebrake cables for yah too.

Looks bad ass man! Get some Rally Armor mud flaps for it and post a pic of it in the air!

Awesome! Theres some ice race crew out by glen ville they swear by that same style vw. Put skid plate push bar and some fatass hella lights on it.

Hell yes! I like that service bay, Mohawk heaven.

I like the things you’re doing there, SCB.

lights are now set up !
[ATTACH]30062[/ATTACH]

I haver been talking with the nice people from USRallyTeam and they have been helping steer me correct path for racing rally.
New updates on the car. I cut lower fenders and moded to look stock. replaced right front control arm and used upgraded mounts. replaced right front ball joint and wheel bearing. i just got my 4 to 2 to 1 exhaust header. 2 1/4" exhaust back to a borla muffler. For gearing I got a set of 14" sparco wheels and a mk1 gti trans with 80% pelquin kit. I removed my roll cage from old golf to use in this golf. install new e brake cables. im working on geting a 270 deg cam,hd springs,tune,light weight lifters.[ATTACH]30091[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30092[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30093[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30094[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30095[/ATTACH]I

I have alot of work to do because i will be racing in a rally x this dec 3rd in vermont with ner scca. I removed front sway bar to make the car rotate easier. Some parts i picked up for the gti 5pt harness,seat,battery box,zute button for fasening bumpers, window net, new trans, brush gaurd/light mount i may or maynot install.

[ATTACH]30097[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30098[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30099[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30100[/ATTACH]

can you guys see these pictures? because i cant. I used the shift518 uploader Did i do something wrong?

I see pics fine. Nice work.

raced the car yesterday for my 1st rally event with ner scca and finished 3rd in my class.

car looks awesome! great job getting 3rd in your class

Damn don’t know how I missed this thread, cool project man. When’s the next event? I’d be interested in hanging out and getting some pics of your car and others in action.

[ATTACH]30155[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30156[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30157[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30158[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30159[/ATTACH]

this is my build because i cant get this site to work corectly. this link is always updated.
http://www.roflwagens.com/showthread.php?5562-mk3-GTI-rally-project.

i wish they made these in AWD. i would DEFF buy one. sweet build though!