The 87 Fox GT Project.

bout time this got off the ground… let me know when your out driving her next week /wishful thinking exageration

:shoot: :shoot:

psh fords… :cjerk:

this will be a cool car.

not that I go there :snky:

coolio mike :tup:

sweet :tup:

awesome mike

whats the whole story with the car if you dont mind sharing? im guessing you have had this since you were younger?

Mike, Call me if you ever need any help, I might know a thing or two about these
cars.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys :slight_smile:

lol, actually although i intend to get moving with this car now i still have other more pressing priorities. look for a cabinet making DIY in the near future :stuck_out_tongue: But I agree with you on the interior, its out like a fat kid in lasertag

thanks dood, hah funny you mention about the old days, what good times they were…if you have any pics by chance, hook me up, id love to get them!

Yeah it will be a time consuming project, but an hour here, a few hours there, and it all starts to add up. Plus over the next 2 months ive got a pretty nice amount of vacation time to mess with it. :wink:

Well, i’ll tell you in much greater detail over a bruiseki sometime, but the summary is this car has been with me since i was 17. I wanted a 5.0 soooo bad back then, and when i found this car i was 500 bucks short of having what i needed to get it. My best friend who I grew up with basically gave me his whole bank account (back then 500 was a shit ton of money for us) against his parents wishes so i could buy the car.

2 summers later i returned the favor when he wanted to get an IROC and was also a few hundred short with nowhere else to turn. A few years after he passed away in a car accident, but growing up we spent nights and nights talking and dreaming about what we would build the cars up to be one day when we had the money. We promised each other we would do it, and I intend to keep the promise.

Thanks Jesse I really appreciate it, but that reminds me…can you PM me your #? I havent gotten it back sincei got my replacement phone. Ive gone through the car fairly thoroughly when i built me 306 for it and converted it to mass air, but that was many moons ago so I am sure there are some cob webs upstairs that you may have to help clear up for me. :smiley: Plus, if you come down with your car then I will have a really fast pizza delivery car lol

Sounds like this car means more than just having a nice fast car…

Oh, and the sideskirts are almost done being painted.
They look really good too… And I tossed in a new battery
and I havent had any troubles since then with that.

ill do free labor on painting the car,. just one catch

if i can paint it PINK :lol:

Holy shit balls. I havent seen this car in open air in like 5 years.

If I remember correctly, this was the car I saw flying by my friend Bob’s house on Cary Rd. about 8 years ago and it made me want a Fox body.

Glad to see it getting some love.

Hey good luck with this project, I’m sure there will be bumps along the way but it will be worth it in the end! :tup:

:tup: to a new project…

:tdown: to the old interior…

:tup: to getting rid of said interior…

Thanks dudes.

Update : I havent done shit to the car. :smiley: Havent had time. After the 4th of July I should be able to put some decent time into it…

That would be me, my buddy used to live on cary at his parents place, just a bit past two rod. Id rip down that way all the time http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/thrashersmiley.gif

B303 cam + 2 chamber flows + Pro chamber hpipe + headers = badass :smiley: Glad I could inspire you to the winning team, just like i did with bladez when he saw my first kill vid with the cobra http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/bwahaha.gif

Update : Made a bit of progress today. The farther I get with the tear down of the car, the more excited I get about what I can possibly do with such a new slate to work with. Too bad Ive got such a long way to go. :smiley: Ah well. Anyways, just a few pics, interior is just about completely stripped. Hopefully tomorrow the bumpers, fenders, doors come off along with the remainder of the wiring. Then i can get under it and start stripping from underneath. Fun fun :stuck_out_tongue:

holy crap

looks pretty solid mike! :tup:

stripped! nice

1 tach per car ya ricer! :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like a satisfying project. :tup: