The BMX thread.

I know Sailor and Spangler used to ride. Don’t know if anyone else did.

Anyways, I started riding alot again. Usually just street because the trail scene died in Johnstown when our trails got plowed and everyone moved away. I’m planning on starting some new ones since we now own 68 acres. Found a perfect spot.

I found one of my old webpages and there were a few pics from 1999 on there. I also found a ton of photos from our last session at PSU. I’d just have to scan them.

Here ya go…
First four are me (I’m the only one that ever took pics so any pictures of me suck and no one timed them right) Last one is Rager. He’s living in Indiana now and has a kid.

used to ride but quit about 5 years ago…maybe alittle more. i wanted to get back into it but have n time or anyone to ride with. its sweet though

Iggy - still in Johnstown. working with me at Fi-Hoff.
Rager again.
Squimba - lives in Detroit and works for Ford Racing in the SVT division
Stinky - married and living in Wisconsin pouring concrete.

More of stinky.

And that’s all of the Johnstown locals from our crew.

I missed it so much. I had no time since I was building the house, but we’re in it now. So I can take time here and there to go jam.

We’re planning on a reunion tour of the PA state qualifiers next year. Trying to get all of the guys we used to race to go. Those were the days.

^ Pretty cool.

that’s the story of trails in western pa…

I would love to get back into it, but haven’t ridden for a while, then tried for a couple months, and stopped again.

I hear ya. 1998-2000 were the best when everything exploded. There were trails everywhere.

As far as I know PSU still has their trails running. I’m thinking about stopping in next time I’m up there so I can squid out everywhere for a few runs.

sounds fun. If I tried to hit anything larger than about a 4 inch gap, I would totally case it, and probably ruin the takeoff. It would be a disaster.

Graveyard was always a good time when I went, which wasn’t too often. I think that place was plowed in like 94 or 95.

I still ride, and I’m turning 20 in a few months.

And everyone looks at me like I’m insane on a tiny little bike :slight_smile:

http://www.interstate80.info/grounded/napoleon5.jpg

got the good old federal bennet down from the racks the other night…

miss the days when spelergtp and i would be the first to test out the new section out at push

then we bounced when we hit the ground…miss my old ames eagle shovel its buried underneath some guys living room now where the old six pack and biggie smalls

favorite section had to be the the iron citys to the mickeys into to american’s and over the spangler dubs… miss watching bikes flying off the top of that lip thinking they need a hell of alot of speed to clear it…

best time had to be

but of course miss the the eight pack and the push pack at sevs. never forget the lasty sevs jam got so hot and dry the dirt turned to sand and crandel bennet and i decided it be best to get some lawn chair drink alot of 40’s and scream fuck get drunk screw for four hours stright…

telling ryan nyquest hes a pussy cause he was complaining hje wouldent be able to double turck driver the last set of the jump being to big at the south park nationals

the world destriction to the columbus hotel…xmas nationals seeing a midget it tossed into a wall…

hayber passing a kidney stone in new york then puching sailor for laughing

every push jam we had wheer we wouldent even ride just dig and watch bike break in half

wess anytime he goon rode

climbing the top of some huge smoke stack at some steel plant on the river at night with justin short and hanging new push shirts on top of it…scary as shit was swaying like crazy

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Shovel.jpg

<<<<<<<<<PUSH memebr form very beginning to end:bigthumb:

Fuck man…we used to sleep at the trails and dig all night long, BMX was just starting to grow when i was in it at the age of 7,i turned expert by 10 or 11 and was #11 national. And all through out that i was riding trails and strret as well. PUSH was one of the first “BIG” and well known trails at the begining nad man those were the days. I remeber calling Gary ? from the GT company a pussy to his face casue he was affraid to even do a one hander over the third set of the 8 pack. Wwe prob had about 300 people their during the nationals as well as photographers and police. We used to casue soooooooooooooooooooo much trouble around here and pa as well,best was riding through the liberty tubes to go street riding in pittsburgh, and once we even had people shooting around us…man the stories i have and will remember always…

nice! i didnt know you were the BMX OG of the board

I do beleive i see hair in that picture:dunno:

:slight_smile:

sweet pics i used to ride back in the day, its funny you bring this up now yesterday guy at work got a new gary fisher mt bike so i take it for a spin and jump this like 4 foot curb at the office landed ok but now my wrist hurts like fuck

i wana know what other PUSH vids there are, and I wana know which one i have or had.
and where do i get them online,

bent forks broken bodies no one you not gonna find that one…

tweakers 2nd one good luck may be stilll around not for sale anywhere

and seperate way dans comp may still have some…

more then likely you have seperate ways depending on when you bought it…it has differnt rider sections and alot of hardcore music…first song if i remeber is mad ball demstrate my style

tweakers has alot of oldies CCR monkeys punk rock social d

get them online not a cahnce the only person in this world that my have some copies left of is steig

Matt Masick gave me this one,
it has ramp in basment, and dude stands up and hits his head on the ceiling.

Has chunk snapping his forks. I can remeber alot more about it,