The College Conspiracy

Have to agree with Vlad here. I really think people just go to school now so they don’t have to get a real job after high school. To live the experience, be out on their own and just get hammered all the time. Seems like everyone has a 4 year degree, and they are working at Starbucks. Because they got a degree in some random ass shit. That’s fine and all, but if you didn’t work towards an internship or anything in school don’t be pissed when you get out of school and can’t find work. Hence, our current issue.

Yep. My cousin has hers. Makes like $40K a year right now as a teacher. Course having a teaching masters isn’t the best either right now. The days of working for someone for 30 years and getting retirement are LONG GONE. Even Police/State has dinged how their retirement is being payed out. No-one is going to take care of you anymore like they did 30 years ago.

Agreed.

OK, some truth here. Some fail too. Starting your own business is NOT easy. You take a huge gamble. If you don’t have someone helping you (handouts) it’s an even bigger gamble. You have to pay for your own insurance ($$$$$$$$$$) and just hope it takes off. Also, banks are NOT giving loans out to small businesses anymore. Just isn’t happening. Our economy is in the dumpster. Very true, my father told me when I was young you will NEVER make any money working for someone else. He has owned his own business for 30 years, my Mom 6 or so now. He took a huge gamble and busted his ass ( and bones) for years and made it. Then my mom was able to get her Real Estate business off the ground working 80 hour weeks and being honest. They are honestly my heroes and I still don’t know how they did it.

:hug

My .02