The Departed ***Spoilers***

I went and checked out the new Scorsese movie The Departed.

I had heard quite a bit of hype about the movie being one of Scorsese’s best. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am a huge Scorsese fan and this movie was fantastic!!

I don’t want to give too much away but the first 2 hours are great but the last half hour makes the entire movie.

5 out 5

Hmm thanks for the quick review, Ive been hearing its pretty badass as well. I need to go check it out if I can ever find the spare 2 or 3 hours to do so :bloated:

Sorry for the lack of exposition.

Its a good story, lots of shooting, lots of violence, lots of swearing and a few surprises. Its actually kinda funny in some spots. Alec Baldwin’s character had a few funny moments.

I really got into the movie. I was getting nervous waiting to see what happens next. Overall a great flick.

Great movie, Audios and I just saw this and it does live up to the hype. You don’t even notice that the movie is 2.5 hours long. Alec Baldwin’s character is great, Marky Mark’s character as well as Leo DiCaprio and Matt Damon. I think it’s Scorsese’s best film yet.

yea i saw it the other day, great flick!

does anybody else think this lead up to there being a sequel?

With who? With the exception of Mark Wahlburg’s character, everyone’s dead.

yeah, i know…that’s the weird part. I wanna find out that the fetus is Leo’s, not Matt’s.

They should have a sequel with that chic giving birth to Leo’s baby, which comes out as giant “rat”. She names that rodent “Splinter” who is an outcast, and thrown into the sewers where Splinter grows up and becomes a martial arts sensay and passes his knowledge onto 4 mutant turtles.

If it were to go this route, i think it has potental to spawn and be another movie. :gotme:

Definately a good flick, lots of blood in the end

awsome movie

Thats quite a unique story line. They should make a cartoon and then a series of live action movies about it and then 14 years later come out with another movie but this one could be computer animated…that would be awesome.

you should put spoilers in the title of this thread.

cant wait to go see this

hmm…i like the way you think, but do you think it can work?

back to the movie. The characters themselves were great. The one-liners were awesome and unexpected. I have a lot of unanswered questions that make me wanna watch it again and try catching stuff i may have missed.

Probably not…oh well.

baldwins charecter when he flips on the guy for the cameras made me lol. then when he is on his rant about getting married it made me lol even harder. mark wahlberg (i think we all spelled his name wrong) was hilarious in the beginning.

oh and i totally knew everyone was going to get shot where they did, when they did. it was so obvious what was going to happen. i was not surprised ever and i prolly could have written the movie myself i am so keen on picking up on the plot twists

:rofl:

:tup: :tup:

Im glad i went to see this today,better late then never.:smiley:

long movie but kept me interested every minute and made you think sometimes about the different angles, 8.5/10

Saw it tonight, thought it was fantastic. Baldwin had some of the best lines I’ve ever heard. Dicaprio should not have died, def. did not see that coming. Nicholson was typically great. The girl was hot. I’d go see it again for sure.