The Everlasting "Who's going to LVD" Thread

You chose your platform. Fast is fast is fast, doesn’t matter if it’s a 1.8L and 2300lbs or three times the displacement and twice the weight

I think what he’s saying is…______ car that weighs 2200lbs is going mid 11’s, but is only using 1.8L of displacement to make that power and move that 2200lbs.

EDIT: He answered himself.

Either way, saying mid 11’s is “easy” just because it’s a 2200lb Civic or whatever is dumb. We could say the same for you too…Easy solution, throw in some big blown 6.1 stroker to move the boat down the track.

I totally agree 100% with the both of you. 11’s in anything is impressive i was never saying it wasnt and im not picking on other platforms, just was sayong its a bit easier to go faster the lighter you are. Even with less hp and if youre light you can run very fast. K20 hit the nail on the head with the stroked 6.1 :excited

welll im fucked cause whatever i drive is instantly -------- "whatever a bear weighs " on top of the car . no wonder i love nitrous lol

Based on your logic (“well, your car is lighter!!!111”), an “excuse” for every Honda owner (and some clownshoes choose to use it) is “well your car has three times the displacement!!!1111111”

Easiest way to solve the problem is to understand that you chose your platform based on its strengths and weaknesses and if you’re fast you’re fast and if you’re not you’re not.

BTW I was looking for the 11 second NA 300 the other night and was disappointed not to see it :frowning:

I feel like you think im insulting or saying its an easy task or somethibg for tuner cars to run good times, which isny the case at all. All im saying is a easy to see fact or the lighter you are with more HP the faster you’ll go. Such as the fast with the zr1 its already extremely light from factory and with a big engine its fast as shit.

My friend with the 11 sec NA 300 couldnt make it. I can post some vids if youd like to see it.

And i cant type correctly for shit, iphone plus driving = errors.

All i was getting at was…

350hp/civic hatch= 11’s
350hp/gto,mustang,challenger= 13’s,14’s

Fast is fast is 100% on and i couldnt agree more. Shit in my book 12,s/11’s in civics or other small 4 cyl cars is extremely impressive. Im going to build a bosted b18 for my DD

I’ll be the first one to say it. You’re car does not weight 4400lbs. :rofl More like 3800.

And ill be the one to say, youre wrong. Weighed it at englishtown with me in it full interior and me in it was 4425. But hey, nice try.

Just realized I was looking at the sxt weight, and I didn’t know you were counting your weight as well.

Its all good dude. A lot of guys when they strip out seats and spare tire/jack and with themselves in it get down to 4100-4200 race weight. My door jam sticker says 5300 lbs.

its like driving the titanic!!!

11’s out of a turbo’d 300hp b18 is pushinnnnnn it.

Stallmer went 11.8

yea what he said.

So whos going up tonight? I’ll be there but may or may not run it…

that was with his B16 :excited

Stallmer went lower 11’s with 360whp out of his stock b18

Yea so fuck y’all. Lemme drive these turbo Hondas if you want respectable times. On that note, I’m going tonight.

To hot and i have work.