The June 11th Event

I hope you guys are getting ready to come to this drift event at shannonville, it’ll be insane. We have people coming from all around, Ottawa, Niagra, everywhere. I will be drifting a supercharged hachi roku, so my “career” has definitelly not ended.

I will also be giving free advice to those who want to get good, so feel free to come up to me and talk to me. I guarantee that you will get better.

Shannonville is only 1.5 hours away from Toronto, the track layout is absolutely great, it’s got some high speed corners which could all be linked by sway drifting top of 2nd gear, as well as some slower (go-kart track) sections which could be easily drifted with stock-powered cars.

Nelson Track: Tip of the day:
Come into the corners as fast as you can on the inside, throw the car to the outside and back to the inside to initiate a drift at 2nd corner Nelson track, this will save your clutch and help you reduce your speed by drifting rather than pushing brakes.

I’ll be posting more tips in this thread.

More info on the event can be found here:
http://www.driftstar.com/practice/

Haha Pavel.

You gonna charge people $20 a pop to ride with you? :smiley:

No, no one rides with me, I can’t afford medical fees when they get a heart attack. However I can ride with people and give them advice :wink:

Cal, you better be coming to this event.

I can’t wait to try that out! I am so stuck in “lapping” mode when it comes to the first 3 corners of Nelson…

sounds awesome! If for some reason I dont go to race shifters i’ll be there in my s14 :slight_smile:

pav i say stay as far outside as possible with enough room to throw the car, that way you still have the best line and the highest possible speed

ok Pavel I just pushed my work speed up another notch. I’ll be there, working like hell on car to get it ready. Someone talk to those excuse making S1DC guys, looks like only one showing again is Theo.

Chris needs an engine so it anyone has a DOHC KA laying around get in touch with him. canadiandrifter240sx on the boards. Or pm me, i’m assuming he needs it ASAP since its gonna take an afternoon to swap.

Back to work,
Andrew.

ill be ripping down blue mountian without pabbbbyyy :cry:

It is true I need an engine. My engine was starved of oil yesterday when i blew a oil cooler line and did not realize it on the highway. I gave her some fresh oil and tried to touch her in the right places but it was no use… She desided to spit a piston out the side of the block at me last night.

I was really looking forward to going but unless I find a worthy engine by friday morn i will not make it.

Sorry if slightly OT but if I may…how long was the line blown, how long did the engine run without oil? Over-heated due to oil temps…? Other details…? Really sorry to hear dude…sucks.

starve a ka of oil and it lets go reallly fast.

GT

im looking forward to the weekend. pushing to have my car e-tested and on the road

if not ill just buy a 10 day and come.

I think the line blew as i was getting on the hight way cuz the ass end got squirly for no reason. But now that i i think about it was prob oil. I drove about 5 - 10 min at 130kmh before i could hear it makeing noise. There was no over heating no smoke nothing.

I gave it fresh oil and started it last night then the #1 piston blew out the side of the block and my conecting rod is embeded into my frame …I will try to get pics…

So as far as Haveing excuses for not going to shannonville this is a good one but if all works out well I will be there.

It would not be the first all night swap.

I just hope my turbo was not damaged due to oil starvation as well.
It is BB so it might be ok… It sounded normal still

man, these events always seem to be planned for when i’m away.

i’m up north all weekend on a fishing trip. :frowning: but i’ll send my best regards with Marc (prodigy) and hope to see some good action shots upon my return.

have fun guys.

why are only old members posting in this thread. I want to see new faces come out and practice, i’m tired of seeing all of your old faces. I promise to not be mean to people though, this event will be all about having fun. I think i’ll bring my laptop and play videos all day long of:
Drift Society 1 & 2
Grip 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Options 1 - 9

I’d like to come but Pavel quit and now I have to work weekends :roll:

I would book it off but my car is still in the shop and won’t be ready for
this event.

If I don’t make the next event I am selling the damn car and buying
something slow, stock and automatic :evil:

C’mon man, don’t go grim on us! :slight_smile:

just give it time pav-el, give it time…

i work saturday, and i am in a tight financial situation, i am not getting enough shifts at work so calling it off will be a blow to me right now.

if you want to come here, you can and i will go out with you. Not to mention i work at a racetrack closer and am waiting for permission to get on that track, you also have to remember just because we dont go to shannonville doesnt mean you are getting out more than us.

jesse, I never said we get out more than you guys, I’m just saying that you suck big donkey balls for not coming.

Give it time for what? i’m confused
why does my name have a dash in it?

DIAF.