The list of companies NOT to give your money to - feel free to add

^ actually yeah i ordered my last turbo inlet flange from them, found out after using it for over 6 months the hole was never port matched to a t28 and was robbing power/spool…and this after they sent me a oil feed inlet adapter by mistake first.

i took AT LEAST a 1/4 inch of material out of that flange all the way around, and it STILL was a bit smaller then the flange on the turbo

not to mention that the bolt holes were cut with aq plasma cutter … GREAT for alignment :bloated:

Monro Muffler in Hamburg. Shady over-priced rip off artists. They’re “lifetime warranty” only covers the muffler itself. When the rest of the exhaust rusted apart in 1.5 years, they tried to charge almost $400 for a section of pipe. Not the cat, not a flex pipe, just a plain old piece of exhaust pipe for my mom’s Windstar! Luckily she asked me first if she should buy it. Um, NO! Her independant mechanic replaced it for next to nothing. I know another guy who took his beat '90 Camry there, and they wanted almost $3k to replace a distributor. He knows jack about cars and he just junked it, it was a $300 car. I’ve heard even more stories. I think they just take the recommended price and multiply it by 10.

Citgo gas stations.

John Anticolla Service on the corner of transit and seneca. Before I lived out here my car broke down at that intersection. The alternator needed replacing. He charged me $35 to hook a chain to his pickup and tow it 50ft, $85 for “Electrical diagnostic”, and $130 to install the new alternator which should take less than an hour. 6 months later my alternator died again (1 year warrenty through carquest) I called him up to get a copy of an invoice for the warrenty and he said it would take him up to 4 days to dig it up. Oh, and the “electrical diagnostic” was for testing the alternator (which I told him was bad) and cutting off my regulator harness and crimping on 2 female spade terminals.

Autoplace Nissan

Children’s Hospital

Actually, I closed my First Niagara accounts and moved to HSBC because they give you everything for free now. Right from their website:

Free Checking, Extra Conveniences

And their online savings at 5.05% has made me over $400 in interest since I signed up in February.

Company not to do business with:
Sears Auto, Eastern Hills
I just needed 4 cheap tires slapped on the wife’s car before I sold it. Dropped it off at 10am, they said they’d call in a couple hours when it was done. I call at 1pm, said it’s being worked on. I call at 3pm, it’s “almost done”. I call 15 minutes before they close at 5 and I’m told they broke a wheel stud and are waiting for the part, but will stay to finish it. I call at 6pm, the part isn’t there, so they will do it first thing the next morning, and the manager will call me at 8am. I call at 10am, they’re still waiting on the part. (you can drive to napa from there in less than 5 minutes, and they have the fucking part). Finally at 2pm they call me and tell me it’s done. They try to charge me for the stud, I refuse, and force them to knock 20% off the price because at that point I was ready to beat someone to death with a tire iron and I think the manager knew it was going to be him. I get home and notice one of the hub caps was in the back seat. They managed to break it removing it and just never bothered to tell me. Take note of all the times I said “I called” and all the times I didn’t say “they called”. Probably the worst service I’ve ever seen from a company.

Mr Gasket

at least as far as their gaskets go …

Corsi Auto Body on NFB and Eggert

I used to go there, but after a few fuckups, i’m done.

Geico refused to total my brothers 2000 grand am, and they put 6000 dollars into the thing. When corsi got done with it, it shaked like crazy. Their explanation was “once you crash cars, they are never the same”.

I took my car there for a full wetsand and buff, and they had to put a new rear bumper on it because someone rear ended me.

I took a look at the swaybar just this past summer, they had removed the swaybar endlinks (addco poly bushings, and special endlinks). I called them, they say “they have no idea”.

Third time, my buddy took his pontiac vibe in there for a replacement side window because his got broken into. Two weeks later the regulator failed because they bent the shit out of it putting the new window in.

Bank of america. Made an online payment on my CC and it was 45 minutes late so the fuckers charged me $39.

You do realize that an online payment is either on time or not right? That some computer is not going to say, “Well, it’s only 45 minutes, I’ll let him slide”. It’s binary, 1 or 0, late or not late.

I’m sure if you had any kind of decent account history with them a call to customer service would get it dropped.

Superior Auto

went there to look at an 04 STi. They were about 3000 over the book on the price. i told them my thoughts and one of the owners pretty much told me to fuck off and that he can sell it at that price. 3 days later his brother(another owner) calls me to apologize and that they can flex on the price… to late… i told them i already had put my deposit on an 05 STi and they just lost 26,000$ sale. it felt mighty good to tell them that. bastards

I tried, They won’t budge.

wyotech - just way to much money

do they still let you retake courses any time u want for free ?

i know if i wanted to retake street rod, all i have to do is call up and see if they have space for me in an upcoming class …

Wow. Past late payments? Not had the account long?

I know I fucked up when I switched from First Niagara to HSBC, forgot to update my direct pay with MBNA, and paid off a $1500 balance from a closed account. A few days later I noticed the balance was back, plus a big fee. Called them up, told them flat out I was an idiot and forgot to put in the new bank’s account number, and they fixed it and removed the fee. But, this was last year, I was account holder since 95, and never had a previous late fee.

the latest buzz is you can only retake a course once.

I have fucked up credit thanks to my ex wife, but this is ridiculous, I may get a different cc and transfer the balance except for the $39 and let them try to collect, i’ll send them payemtn that is less than what a stamp cost, they won’t be able to do shit about it.
Wow HSBC did somthign good? mark it down it’s a first.

PayPal.

I sold a cellphone on ebay this fall for $400, a month later, the guy files a chargeback with his CC company, saying his card was stolen and was used unauthorized, despite the fact that i shipped to his house. PayPal reviews the chargeback and decides he’s right, and takes the money from me, despite the shipping documentation i provided. Now my account is in the negative because I refuse to give them their $400, so their in-house collection agency calls my parents house 3x a day every day, including at 8am, despite the fact that they’ve been told numerous times that I don’t live there any more. :bloated:

^^^ go to his house and show him whats up…