The list of companies NOT to give your money to - feel free to add

Mine - slowboy racing

story - http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19531

feel free to name your own “blacklisted” companies, and either post your story, or a link to it that can be read by users who arent logged in to the forum its on

it can either be a mail order and local company, links to other threads about said company to validate your story would be a great addition

Subaru… :lol: … this one is just personal

Hennessey…

rallyarmor…dude didn’t hold to his word with me.

They charge $100 for mud flaps thats just shady to begin with.

I would say walden dodge. they are dicks to my girlfriend.

Vision Nissan in Webster NY. Shortly after dicking me over a few years ago with my Sentra, I heard from my buddy all the shady extra charges they tried to sneak in when his kid sister bought a Sentra there.

one-fab

story: they suck

Frontier Auto Glass: theres a thread about it somehwere
Carbubba Collison (mostly the one on Elmwood): dont even get me started…

dan georger mitsu used cars - guy jacked price on me 5K in 3 hours and then sold the car out from under me after telling me i didnt need to put a deposit on it…

Best Suspension/World Supension EBay Store - Ball Joints went bad in less than 3 months

focus-power.com-----“turbo tom” is a huge dick and changes your order without asking, and doesnt give you the offset of money you saved anyway

SSautochrome…this for obvious reasons and im sure most people know of them

DropZone: their suspensions are way overrated, and their springs are NOT as advertised(2" drop)…they were actually a 1/4" HIGHER than stock. they are great once you chop one coil out of the front and 1.5 from the rears :lol:

Darylls car audio: complete hacks and WAY overpriced

Vinyl signs plus: trace was a cool dude at first when me and two buddies had some cool ideas for vinyls for cars, and then dicked us around and never did them, even after making us pay up front, and never honored the discount he promised us for referral customers.

your wife/gf: explains itself

Walden Dodge is gone but the same owner owns transitowne, clarence dodge and and the dodge dealer on transit in west seneca FYI

:word:

Overheard a conversation there once between two workers…

dumbass 1: “Howd the install go on that car radio?”

dumbass 2: “Good, but only problem is that her heating controls don’t light up with the rest of the interior lights.”

dumbass 1: “Pfft, leave it…why the hell would they have to see the heating controls anyway. Tell her it was like that when you started.”

They are a bunch of theives at Daryl’s as well…

they have been known ot do installs, then go and rip off the system they just installed from the persons car when its parked at their place…

yes indeed…they cracked the dash in my old truck and broke the headlight switch when they claimed it wast them. upon further inspection, there was glue on the dash from where they tried (and miserably failed) to fix my headlight switch. i knew it was them because it was the same neon pink glue that they used to put part of my dahs kit back together (which i broke).

id like to know what the big deal is about them…i got me headers from them, and i did a physical side-by-side comparison to a more expensive and well-known brand, and they were very comparable. the welds on the SSautochrome ones wern’t as pretty, but they were all sealed and solid, and the tubes were fine and everything. the only complaint i had with them is they sent me the wrong bolts so i had to go out and buy my own, which cost me all of $5 for grade 8 hardware. id really like to know why people have such a problem with them? mine are fine so far, but perhaps time will tell?

Transit town dodge - car was damaged on their property and they didn’t claim responsibility, car was taken on a joy ride, way too long on service time

dan georger mitsubishi - rip off on everything.

Phoenix imports if they’re still in business - crappy job on install of upgraded parts for the stealth. Clutch assembly was poorly put together, scratches on car, took way longer to do work then it should have, didnt return phone calls…etc…

Fountain Motorsports…I think they closed - didn’t alert me to an overboosting problem until 5 pulls later. car went boom.

citibank student loans - horrible updating of accounts and mishandling of accounts as well. Misplaced one of my student loans under a different account number for a year before I got a notice about it.

American Express - paid off a credit card (large amount) and there was a $30 charge that I was never told about which just sat there until I noticed it on my credit report. when confronted about the charge, they had no idea. I stated that I was paying off the entire card and the amount was large enough that an extra $30 wouldnt have been a big deal. I didn’t get any notices about it. :frowning:

they will rust eventually u will have leaks and warpage

Transittown Dodge, 3 months after i bought a car from them the a/c stopped workign, they claim it was hit by a rock, i told them to show me the exact route of the magical rock, they couldn’t.

Verizon, sells junk phones that stop working after 3 months, their reply, not our problem, couldt’ get a signal in Lackawanna, where i live, their reply, not our problem.

Uhaul, their equipment is beat to hell and they don’t do much maintaince on them or clean them.

Sears.com (not he physical store) no clue what they are doing, couldn’t get an order straight if they had 10 peopel working on it.

thompson’s cigars improperly cared for goods and psycho salesmen that never stop calling.

Chem lawn, psycho salesmen that never stop calling.

Nationwide insurance, don’t cover what you pay for, give you the run around forever (homeowners) and encourage shops to use junk parts and cut corners(auto)

Metlife auto, changed rates (increased) every month.

HSBC bank, high fees unless you depostit more tha $10,000 and change fee structure after you open an account with them.

Funk lawn care, had more and different weeds after they started spraying the lawn 2-3 times.

Victoria Tire:

Oh yeah, and it took a credit card dispute to finally get my money back from these guys…