The Luxury of AWD - B5 A4 1.8t fun-time.

Good luck with the build. I see even more time effort and money spent on this car than your last. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d put $500 on Haenszel vs your dad’s S2000 any day. :eekdance:

Sweet build, can’t wait to see more progress!

this should be a fun build…

lolz isnt there some pickle up there you should be kissing brent?

i mean, nowhere did i mention anything about the build im doing for my father, yet you guys that are butt-hurt by me always seem to bring it up:shrug:

ANYWAY, back to the topic at hand.

its a cool build and should be tons of fun, Ive just always thought the VW/audi cars to be quite piggish. even at waterfest the fastest VW/audi drag cars are barely breaking into the 10s

I saw 2 go 9’s already this year at show and go, and 1 was a 9.54…

That says somethign for vw’s to go from high 10’s to mid 9’s in 1 year at 712whp, and honda is JUST getting to 8’s trying to slam down 900+whp.

They’re not really all that piggish, there’s just never been a competitive VW drag following. Ever. I don’t even think VW’s are technically allowed at most of the import drag SERIOUS competitive races. Its rather sad really, as there’s a slew of 700/800+ cars out there this year. Bastard stepchildren.

i thought dahlback racing’s B5 S4 was a “drag” car and last i remember he was still stuck in the 10s? but this was in july last summer. idk i guess i just always see the veedubs running in the middle of the hottest part of the year and that makes my visions of a “fast” vw/audi somewhat skewed

edit isnt the R32 still well above 3100lbs completely gutted? i raced with a guy on vortex last year that even with the lightest front seat(1) and CF everything and SSR comps was still over 3200lbs?

well, there’s a difference between an s4 and a honda hatch… or a 1500hp turbo v8 weighing at 3200lbs.

The B5 S4 01E transmission is capable of running 9s all day long with all stock drivetrain components.

Nice!

You should be a dsm guy :wink:

You and I both know thats not entirely true. It’s a luck game.

he really should be!

I almost was :wink:

This will be interesting.

X…

yesss

you’re totally hiding an evo in your garage. i know it.

Full interior b5’s here!

Well, finally my first day back from spending nearly the last week in utah… got some work done.

Bought all the wiring stuff to wire up these sensors, that’ll be tomorrow. Picked up a new AEB head and all the AWM swap parts(mounts, clt lines etc etc). New block gets here tomorrow, and all parts should be ordered by the end of the week. Then the head’s off to the machine shop and the block gets the usual love.

painted the engine bay tonight.

Before: After clean up. Believe me it was DIRTY.

After: It got a little dark. The paint is a semi-gloss, same color I had the jetta engine bay. It tones down on the shine after a few days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/haenszel/downsized_0519092111.jpg

Thats about it for now, sensors tomorrow.

the internet was boring while you were gone.

get to work so you can drive this to june jitter bug? yes?

It will be at waterfest, can’t make it any sooner reliably… you can be there. Free stays.