The Luxury of AWD - B5 A4 1.8t fun-time.

After much time, effort and money on my last build I finally lost a cam gear and decided that spinning through the traps at 140mph was not for me. I’d much rather have a fun street car that would actually hook and not just roast to 110mph on 18psi on the street. Let’s just say that got old after a while.

I picked up a 2000 a4 and have already begun hacking into it. This thread will be a walk along with me through a build of a 700awhp 1.8t a4.

I’ve parted out my jetta, and sold off the shell. Sad to see it go but its about time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/haenszel/0404091620.jpg

I picked up a 2000 a4 and am going to pretty much throw everything into that with a whole slew of custom bits to make it to my liking. The car itself is not pretty, but at this point I don’t care.

First thing I did was gather parts from the jetta, and everywhere else to piece this thing together. Putting them all in 1 place makes me realize how dumb I truly am. haha.

Cat 3652’s, cat 3658’s, HTA gt35r, Bullseye s364, log mani, tubular mani, etc.

The car will be running on the autronic sm4 that I had in the jetta, and I’ve already hacked up the OEM engine harness to bits.

This is whats left of it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/haenszel/downsized_0512091935.jpg

That’s pretty much just the cluster stuff – tach, speedo, oil pressure, oil level, starter, clt temp, clt level, alternator exciter, reverse lights etc – Everything else is run off the sm4.

Test fitted the turbo, worked out nicely. Might be stepping up after waterfest, just trying to get it together to go there.

Next is another engine build. it’ll be the usual 1.8 w/headwork again. Nothing fancy.

Just thought I’d start a build thread for you to follow. Show you whats been going on now that I’ve stepped over to a new platform.

lol, nice.

Come hang out at Etown with me end of the month.

May is full of business :frowning:

very cool.
I can’t wait to see what you get out of the exact same car that i have that i will never achieve.
p.s.
If you start getting a heap of functioning stock parts of pretty much any nature, shoot me a list, i most certainly will pick stuff up from you
Is this ATW?

yeah its an atw, but it will be an awp/aeb motor afterwards… I’m in Northern VA, so pickup of stock parts isn’t exactly easy…

Cool stuff. Keep us posted.

Nice build.

well aren’t you a baller brian.

:)ilike

How much boost is needed to get 700whp out of a motor that small? that’s nuts

Head nod

awesome. this is cool in a lot of ways for me. i’m stoked. keep me updated.

Do you need to make any upgrades to the AWD system? or is strong from the factory?

should have gotten a camaro. :slight_smile:

cool to see pics of it, sounds like your moving along fast, bench racer :wink:

In all honesty on this turbo probably 40+, but what I have will do 600 easily on AWD, I’ll probably step it up this winter to shoot for 700. Just trying to get it together by mid july for now so I still have a car to drive for the summer.

In all honesty, again… its a crapshoot. S4 trans are stronger, but their rear ends suck, and they shift like ass. But they are coming out with a sequential air-shifted dogbox for the s4 trans, and that’s VERY enticing.

I can’t wait to see the results :tup:

i was under the assumption that audi trannies took a shit in just about any modded car…or is that just the autos?

is this still only going to run 11s? any weight reduction planned?

only haha.

And no, no weight reduction. I don’t play that game. I don’t have much respect for a stripped out street car w/a drivers seat.

Nice. Cant wait to see it.

:tup: That shit’s stupid.