The New Mk3

So I picked this up last week. 98 Jetta GLX VR6. 1 owner car, came with every reciept for everything ever done, including the sales receipt from Nemer VW. The guy paid with a check…all 19k and change. But that’s beside the point. So far he replaced a shot stock exhaust with a Neuspeed stainless cat back, and put Borbet type S’s on it. Gave me the stock wheels with brand new snow tires. Has 125k on it, and like I said, he was not stingy on fixing anything that it needed.

Here is a few pix I have so far. It’s got some rust forming on the arches, and a little on the trunk. But beyond that it is immaculate!! Interior does not have a single scratch, or tear.

obd2 mk3 VR6. good luck, i mean that in the most sincere way

??? what did i miss?

You may or may not have bought a potential nightmare

o. story of my fucking life…

what should i be prepared for?

EVERYTHING.

so the boat anchor joke on facebook wasn’t so much a joke?

These cars tend to have electrical gremlins. May want to find an alternative ride

ignition coil pack is the big$$ issue they seem to have, as well as MAF sensors.

rust, and the door harnesses have been known to be a HUGE problem.

what about the cockpipe thingy

he acctually replaced the ignition coil pack like 8 months ago. I have heard the door harness thing before. and I planed on pulling the maf off this weekend and cleaning it and all that shit

obd2 is the best swap engine because the obd2 ecu is better, but 94-95 VR6 cars are less of a headache because if the CEL is on, which im sure you will see will happen at some point, you can still get inspected.

Yeah. I hear ya on that. I’ve had those issues with OBDII before.

Well, I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe just maybe I won’t get totally shafted again… :lol

This. On my driver’s side especially this was a big problem on mine. I also ended up replacing all 4 window regulators in mine. The keyless entry went crazy on the car too and I had to do away with that. Other then that, it was an awesome car.

yeah. The drivers rear window does not work. But I read something about that last week. Are the regulators hard to replace? And how did you do away with the keyless entry?

Also, anyone know where i can get black side moldings? I kinda wanna do that to break up the white a bit.

The regulators aren’t hard to replace at all. To be honest, I had to bring the car to Autobahn and I had Greg disable it for me. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the car and he diagnosed it and made the repair.

Check www.vwvortex.com for the mouldings.

alright! Thanks!!!

JAMZ

I maced dj iroc…