Build: MK3 Jetta GT 2.0 8V

Bought the car in november of '06. This should be considered a “REBUILD” thread since this car has seen all these parts before but i sold them and put the car back to stock when i got a motorcycle. Then getting into a semi-serious crash (no not my fault, hit and run) i decided to leave 2wheels alone and get the vw back into shape. I bought it with 80k. Before anyone says it, yes ive had a VR and yes i sold the VR to get back into an 2.0. 8v love! I am now starting to get a bunch needed maintenance done along w. all the mods done as well. This is my list to finish before summer.

UPDATE: May 12th 2008 - Finally got the car inspected, car runs perfect now aswell. Finished removing the rest of the power steering system and started to clean the engine bay. Ive been ordering a ton of parts lately. The only thing left for maintenance work is brakes and the car will be 100% again. Also im in dire need of a professional detail on the paint. Besides that, everything is going smoothly. Looking at wheels and suspension now. Interior is almost done also, couple items left.

• = Coming
    Exterior:
    *Joey Smoked Headlights
    *FK Badgeless Grille
    Joey Smoked Foglights
    *FER Smoked Turn Signals
    *FER Smoked Dummies
    *Hella Smoked Sidemarkers
    *Euro Lip
    *Vento Plate Tub
    German Plates
    Stealth 1156/1157 Bulbs
    BFI Stub Antenna
    DIY: De-Ambered Tails, De-Stalked Spoiler
    , Textured Mouldings, Mirrors and Spoiler

Interior:
Momo Steering Wheel waiting on the hub
Audi TT Pedals
Rieger Shift Knob/Boot
JOM Inner Handles
JOM Lock Pins
*Euro Switch
OEM Monster Mats
Alpine 9855 Head Unit
SunPro Air/Fuel Gauge
42DD Gauge Holder
DIY: Chopped Shifter, Disabled DRL

Chassis/Performance:
*Some type of suspension
*H&R 20mm Spacers(rear)
*Borbet Rovers 16"
*Techtonics Tuning Catback or custom
Intake
Futrell Autowerks AC/PS Delete Kit
*ATE Blank Rotors
*Mintex Pads
*MK4 Rear Calipers
*Borbet Rovers 16"
*Some type of tires

Maintenance Crap: (To Do)
Interior: DONE!
Exterior: Antenna Kit, Rain Trays, Professional Detail
Chassis: Brakes all around
Engine: Clean It

(done)
-96k-
Starter
Valve Cover Gasket
Intake Manifold Gaskets
-100k-
Front Wheel Bearings
Balljoints,Locking Plates,Hardware
Axles
Sway Bar End Links
-104k-
Plugs
Wires
Cap
Rotor
Fuel Filter
Coolant Temp Sensors
Distributer
Engine Speed/Rpm Sensor
Waterpump
Thermostat
Timing Belt/Tensioner
-105k-
O2 Sensors
Throttle Cable
Oil Pan/Gasket/Drain Plug

How it USE to look: (summer 07)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/Criscone/98%20Jetta%20GT/jetta044.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/Criscone/98%20Jetta%20GT/bday002.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/Criscone/98%20Jetta%20GT/bday003.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/Criscone/98%20Jetta%20GT/jetta041.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/Criscone/98%20Jetta%20GT/jetta039.jpg

DO w3Rk criscone… its tdi_logik on ca-va btw

gotta get work done son! 22s! bwhaha wtf was i thinking

Pics or ban!

You always know how to do VW’s right.

Just don’t try to do any burnouts :tong

thanks, yah my vw’s are always done correctly i must say! ha… Yah that was a bad time w. my first mk3. For those of you who dont know, my first mk3 jetta 2.0 (RIP ha) I used to love and just roast the tires for some odd reason (were going back 3yrs i may add) and one day POP the tranny blew up. Thats one thing the VR was good for, i could cause a smoke show for blocks with that thing. As for this car, i havnt done one ever since i found out the diff is held in w. plastic bolts or something along that nature… eff that!

Did you used to not have a real rear plate at all?

I was wondering that too. :nod :confused

i started out with NO rear NY plate just the euro one, then after (2) 75-100(each) tickets i put it in the rear window w. some suction cup fasteners, then one more ticket i decided ya know!! fuck it… Put the ny plate IN the euro tub which i liked a lot. Most guys run the ny plate on top of the euro one and IMO it looks stupid… I will be going back to a euro plate back there but might have to run a plate over the euro one but we’ll see. My main concerns right now is all the maintenance and interior. Not to mention trying to revamp my garage, finally made it ‘lowered car approved’ and i can get in it for once…

ya know how i know it’s an 8 valve (other than the title)?

no motor shots :rofl

nice dub

thanks, but then again even w. my VR i never took motor shots, idk why…who knows i didnt have matt (technik) build me a 400whp vr and swapped?? Granted its doubtful, and def not true ha but ya never know!

If you make it look like it used to look, it would have to be one of the cleanest Vdubs of that gen that I’ve seen around here, ever.

It really looks like it came a long way from being stock. But are those the same headlights/front end as it used to have? Or does the big bumper make it look so much different from the one shot?

oh wtf do you have a roof rack now?

drive around in schenectady alot?

theres about a dozen of these cars that look exactly the same. everytime i see em i think its criscon3

yeah a.j.

give me a ring about that exhaust, we’ll get you set up bro. :tong

i remember fixing that tranny. i think thats how i met you on ca-va years back. :confused

screw you, my ny plate is over my euro plate damnit!!! :ninja

yeah, hes a schenectady native, but is living part boondock now. :crackup

textured look ftw by the way. good choice.

Bennyfizzle: nope no roof rack, i might go that route this summer. There is a lot of cars that look like mine around here, most are rocking my old parts too haha.

Vlad: As for the headlights, they were smoked ecodes at one point, then i sold them and tried a 'DIY SMoked" setup which didnt turn out to bad (thats whats on it now, but gone once i get a new set of ecodes). The bumper is the same bumper its always had but that one shot makes it look huggee but its really not. That was me trying to get creative i guess (pic w. the broom an shit haha) i suck at pics…

Pete: Yah that is how we met! Love at first sight i tell ya bwhaha… My exhaust is shot, so now its time. Im picking up the VR muffler and then its straight pipe time. Hope its not an issue for back pressure reasons… Oh and im back in schenectady for family reasons, living back home sucks balls but w.e my mother needs me while she goes through some stuff. So for now im home, i thought id be saving money moving home but not really…madre is making me pay half of everything…damnet! haha oh well i make almost double what she does so its all good.

e code anything on a vw is a huge upgrade. u.s. headlights are the suck.

funny as hell thinking about the tranny. think you bought me mcdonalds for the help!! :crackup

are you really gonna run it straight with no resonator? prepared to get some more tickets? do you still want me and my buddy to do your exhaust for you? or are you taking it to broadway hackjob? lemme know. the vr muffler should give you enough backpressure, and if you are keeping your cat, that’ll suppress the noise a little.

at home again huh? lemme know when your free and we can chill or get some beers or whatever.
give me a call man.

yah i was a broke kid back in the day(sorry bout that man!) But yah we need to meet up and chill, the garage is going to be sick when its done, nice chill spot (couch an what not. ive got 3 stalls to do w.e i want with) I am debating the straight pipeing. Maybe just a TT w. flowmaster muffler… but i want dual tips! and not some just little dual tip on the end, i dunno… I do like single tipped but we’ll see… TT w. flowmasters is 265 + tax, so id be looking at 300… The VR muffler is 150 w. tax, then a resonator if i used one would be say 40… theres 190, then pipes an what not im probally at 300… Might as well just get a TT kit… damnet

p.s. i just noticed i used a lot double periods (…) haha

no worries bro, i’m a broke kid now. :headbang

if you wanna go the techtonics route, i’m sure it would be fine. i say single tip. i like the look of just a pipe coming out the back, no flashy stuff.

it’ll make it look less obvious too that you are running a performance exhaust until you step on it, which is a good thing IMO

can’t wait to check out the garage. sounds like it’s gonna be sweet!!! it’s been ages since we hung out man.

it looks like YOU need a neuspeed rear strut tower bar… which I just happen to have, brand new, for sale :slight_smile:

lol, no thanks man. Appreciate it tho!