Another MK4 jetta, I will never learn :facepalm

Picked up another Jetta last week. This will be the new daily driver.

2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T, 5spd, platinum grey, grey leather, sun roof, ac… its and exact copy of my other Jetta we are making the RWD drag car out of. Down to the rubstrips this is exactly the same!

Plans are: leave the motor alone, make it look good, and drive it. :crackup lets see how long that lasts.

I got it for a good price and it has a lot of little issues when I got it. Diverter valve was blown so it fluttered, starter died 10 miles into me owning it, rear door latch was stuck open, strut hat bushing was binding, some dings and scratches on the front bumper, one ding on a door, hood was repainted and they did a shitty job fixing it. But the rest of the car is solid, body is in great shape, motor runs strong, trans is a recent rebuild and shifts great. Brakes are new, came with Long Beach 17"s that are 90% mint, so its a great platform to work from. And luckly I have a massive inventory of parts for it, so all the repairs are pulled from “stock” in my basement. lol Best of all NO CEL’s and been over 300 miles sofar.

Yesterday my brother and I got cracking on it and made repairs/improvements:

• Balanced the tires
  • Aligned the exhaust again to fix the crooked tips
  • Installed the Eibach Pro Kit suspension, and made some slight mods to get it a bit lower than it is out of the box. dropped about 2.5"
  • Installed the Nuespeed 28mm rear swaybar
  • replaced the starter
  • did an oil change
  • fixed some boost/vac leaks
  • fixed the PCV boot that was torn
  • replaced the door latch
  • cleaned the MAF

Still on the to do list:

• flush the coolant and replace with G12
  • make a catch can and plumb that into the temporary fix I did for the PCV system
  • flush the intercooler and charge pipes
  • find the small exhaust leak and fix that
  • replace a few door panels and interior goodies to make it mint again.
  • swap shaved hood from other jetta, front fenders, front bumper, shaved grill, lower bumper vents need a respray, then the body will be mint except for a small dent on one door which I might fix and respray when I have time.
  • paint the BBS RC’s and put some tires on them. space it out front and rear for a nice stance.

thats about it for now. Just make it a clean, mint, good looking daily. :ninja

Pics will come this evening.

My door panel is sketchy, must be a VW thing.

Clips break easy fix with hot glue…

Suspension is one and the fugly BBS RC’s are on with some new tires.

Still have to swap the hood and badgless grill over. Might just make a boser hood from this one, not sure how ambitious I am yet.

but here it is.

needs moar low

yeah I know. The front struts are as low as the bodies will go in the clevis, a c-hair from rubbing the CV boot. the rear spring perch, I am going to cut 3/4" out of the bottom and lower it the 3/4 more out back for $5 in metal and 40 mins time. I dont feel like taking the front struts apart again to swap springs. so I dont know of any free/almost free way to drop it any more up front. Anyone else have any idea on how to hack up the front? And dont say cut a coil. lol

LEAVE IT ALONE!

mike i give you less then a month until we are going “because race car” on your latest purchase

^this

or before you know it your gonna start bolt up all the parts from the other one your suppose to be selling to fund 5.3 and turbz.

Also wheels look good.

:haha Tell us, what color are they? Were they? Were they suppose to be?

Looks good. lower wheels and keep it clean. That’s how I’d keep a mk4 if I had one

I am not fucking with it. Making the necessary repairs to make it 100% and calling it a day. I am just going for looks on this one. Infact I have to put a sticker on it that says “my other one is the race car” because I have everyone and their father stunting off at lights for some reason. Its slow as tit dirt and thats how it will stay.

U LIE!!

I know you to welll…

liar liar pant’s on fire!

DC

I give him 1 month before he starts tearing into it.

dubbin buddyiezzzzzzzz

So the idea is to make this into a Vortex approved bomber… to list and sell once completed.

Shaved the notch on the hood, put a 4 bar grill on and painted that. Making a skid plate soon. Then I am going to cut the rear spring pockets on the rear beam, extend them an inch, to drop it more and still have lots of travel. Then do the same up front. cut the upper strut tower perch and raise it an inch or so, just enough to still clear the hood. Poor mans drop kit, but still should ride great.

Then its body work time. Shaving the doors, trunk, fender lights, bumper lights, maybe boser hood, then color time.

Paint idea is gloss black roof. Platinum grey with green pearl midcoat and gloss clear. Something a little different but not over the top.

What do ya think?

NO to everything. just NO.

No way dude. Just leave it how it Is or…

Ecodes
Wheels
Air ride

And it’s vortex approved

gheygheyghey
full suede interior + air + wheels = done!

just drive it and focus on your million other projects.