MK2 Jetta Project....

So I have finally gotten a car. It’s a 91 Jetta GL 5 speed. Bone Stock, in pretty damn good condition. Needs a few minor things, but it should be a good time. It’s my 3rd VW I’ve owned and my first MK2. So I will try to take pics as i progress through it. First things i have to do are put the new overflow tank in and do the heater core…so hopefully this coming weekend I can do so…

this amazed me, i have never seen a metal sunroof that is 20 years old without some rust…

So the girl i bought it from said she is the 2nd owner, and the original owner was a mechanic at Garvey for a number of years. The car is in great shape overall, and i am wicked stoked to get it on the road. Some future plans are to get some sort of wheels (not sure yet) and some coilovers. Other than that i just wanna drive the shit out of it, and hit up waterfest and maybe H20I this year…

i’ve got a set of 195-60-15 in tires that are the factory size for that wheel (off a b3 passat GL)

how much?

75 dollars… Less than 1k miles!

oh ive got some treats for this car.

Do tell!!

I love the MK2 Jetta.

mk2 buddieezz

yeah bro. not to sound like a complete fuckin tool, but i have effing loved your MK2 forever. I really wanna VR6 swap it, but i know nothing about it. Hard? Expensive?

fuck bowling this friday, beers and working on this thing all friday night before open on saturday.

yes its nugget haha

thanks, VR swaps are everywhere, they can be done cheap but to a nice complete well sorted VR swap it can be very costly, and time consuming, hell I still don’t have everything working on my car. I spent more money on my cams/valve train than you did on your whole car.

Nice pick up

yeah. that’s what i was afraid of. well i guess i should get the damn thing on the road and get some wheels and shit for it, then i will worry about any engine stuff. And you probably did spend more, i only paid $650 for it…lol

looking good. I had a mk2 gli as a beater for a while. thinking about buying another

Got the car home today. Hopefully doing the heater core this weekend. I need a 185 70 14 tire. If someone has one for cheap let me know.

Every post ever by someone who owns vws in reverse-mark-order. Lol. There’s a lot to the swap, over the last few years it has become pretty prevalent so resources and bits and pieces are easy to find. GLWTVR6.

anyone ever have Raceland Coilovers? Most of the reviews i have read have been great, but i just wanted to know if any of you have used them…i mean for like $320 a set i may just pick em up…

Racelands are awful. Dont waste your money

Based on what?

I a few friends that currently have them or have had them without issue. They are cheap and do the job. Set your expectations where your budget is, and you won’t be let down.

based on reality

shitty spring rates
the struts arent properly valved
cheap chinese made shit

$300 for coilovers? get real