V dub owners...

So im going inlove with the mk 2 jettas / golf.

That being said i want one for winter and for spring or however long it takes to finsih the 240 this winter/w.e (Planning on finishing it up late may/early june)

right now im chasing bills for a couple things, and with in a month Money will not be a problem
What are something to look out for … what are these car known problems, stuff like that. i just join vw vortex seen a couple jettas… one has a blown headgasket for 500 another has rust problems…

dont plan to mod the car at all. just a reliable DD. any input would be appricated.

15k on the ol jetta and still rollin.

thats not helping pete. i have 193k on mine and still no problems…

since my ownership that is. since 3 days after last christamas. car sat till feb then i put plates on it. its been nothing but reliable and i love it.

thats what i wanna hear… reliable…

whats something to look out for. everycar has something unique

i’ve owned 6 vw’s and while they’re fun cars, they have their quirks, and maintenance like any other car. i will say i’m pretty much done with the fwd platform as a whole. i’m sure not permanently, but def. for now.

if you need any help with an mk2 i know a few things.

Electrical problems.

besides that they are awesome, i’ve had an mkii before, but when i do get another vw (i will own another one someday) it will be a mki at newest, the newer your vw is the more it sucks.

:crackup ive heard this from alot of people.

ya mk 1 are nice. Im trying to get a mk2 jetta and (maybe) do mk2 jetta front end. and thats it. i dont care abuot anything else.

VW 1949-1992. that says it all

Mk2’s are tough, North east cars suffer from rust badly. usually the floors, rear beam mounts, wheel wells and strut towers… 8v’s are pretty stout. if you keep up with maintenance they are good. most electrical grelmins are in the connectors, they get corroded like anything else really… and 8v, you can blow the timing belt and retime it and put a new belt on and go. any other engine youre bending valves… stock headlights suck on the older VW’s so a relay system with higher wattage bulbs(H4 conversion) will solve that issue. heater cores are prone to failure on mk2’s… rust around the windsheild seal. rotting rear hardlines for the brakes.

mk2 jetta/golf doesnt have a front end swap like mk3/4’s they use the same fenders and hood, only variance is the aero or round lights which is a core support swap… nothing major.

mk1s are usually rust buckets out here… 1984 was the last year. but 1975-77 were the best. good luck finding one in good shape… if you do they are $$

i just want the circle lights. :smiley:

91-92 gtis had them, they are easy to find the kits, dime a dozen. change the wiring to H4 plugs, single round/ dual round use the same core support, headlights and a grille, its like an hour swap.

on vortex you can probably find a mk2 with them already swapped over from the crummy Aero lights

thanks, ya im not a fan of these (O=o=o=O)

Just (O===O)

yeah single kits are nice. i had them on my gti.

Yes YES YES YES YES
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/hedcaseGLI/dustin_diamond_7582.jpg

NO NO NO NO NO NO
http://www.skmotorsport.com/oscom/images/16vbadgeless.jpg

i almost bought that Jetta when it was forsale… quads are nice because the highbeams are independant. but you can wire them to be blinders instead of highbeams :ninja, and relay the highbeams tot he 7inch lights.

motherfucking .

only good thing after 1992 is using the engines in older ones.

i like my car, but things just arent the same. the passion isnt the same.the new chassis is much better, but with that comes the weight. id love to have a fresh mk2 gti though. like a time capsule car that i could build on.

i hope everyday i drive my car that it gets totalled to where i could buy it, and the engine, ecu and harness still be usuable so i can swap a 91-92 gti, and the suspension salvagable so i can sell it

+1

I was seriously LIVID yesterday, first of all because I left court after getting a 3pt ciolation only reduced to a 2pt violation, which now puts me in the DMV Drive responsibility program.FNDSISANGFISDAJNIGSDA NCRJLSFCXDAKNIGGEREWADSFDASkfjkdasl :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

THEN right as I was leaving I was pulling into the KMart plaza in clifton park, I didn’t have a stop sign and this COCKSUCKER in a silver corolla left his stop sign to my right as I’m cruising into the intersection…I had my chance.

And I braked.

FUCK YOU SAFE REACTION FUCK YOU.

I was so pissed off at myself for not CREAMING his ass and swapping the S52 and everything in the M into a 92 325i from florida or something with no rust, and NO FUCKING CAR PAYMENT.

DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
DAMN IT