V dub owners...

More reliable then mkIV

jeff, MK2s are a blast, ask anyone who has owned or driven one. I like driving my jetta just as much as driving my cobra. Ive put about 10,000 miles on mine since I bought it in may. Ive driven it all over, Maryland, Connecticut, up north, and it has NEVER left me stranded. As for the comment about the electrics, vw electrics are very good, its just over time as stuff breaks previous owners hack them up, and cobb shit.

I have this front end in my garage too.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/984/pics018qv5.jpg
and this one

and this one is on the car
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3521/pics003sl3.jpg

The best part is is that you can change front ends in about 20 mins. its like 5 10mm bolts
MK2 are like legos

I love my MKIV, I always wanted one when I was growing up.

That’s not to say, that I didn’t always want an MKII however.
Quite a few friends of mine had MKII VW’s in highschool, and I always had this soft spot for them.
I really need to start saving and commit. Dave I love your car. Please sell to me in the spring. ;D

its forsale now ;D buy it lol.

So tempting. Whatcha want for it?

send me PM and we can talk about it

Quit tire kicking

Just because I have no money, doesn’t mean that my bank is all outta money to lend. ;D :lol

lolz, mk2s are very affordable

Do it, Jeff. :cool

Good luck getting an auto loan on a 20 year old car :rofl :tong

you cant.

96 or 97 and older you have to apply for a personal loan. Most banks dont have a used car loan from a private seller.

Exactly. And a personal loan for that amount is nothing extreme to ask for.

:ninja

you now from experience? my mk4 is very reliable, ive put 45k miles on it since i bought it and have done no unscheduled maitenance that was avoidable, for example. axles. if i didnt mod the car the axles wouldnt have broken prematurely. i daily drove the car for a solid year, modded. ive done 22k miles Big Turbo. without issues other than described above.

pete do you have a blow off valve or is it all compression surge. sounds cool but :wow at the black cloud behind you.

I’ve had a lot of problems with this car due to the previous owner not giving a fuck.I was orginally going to sell the car because of this .I held in there and worked more hours to pay off for the repairs such as new new rear brakes,water leaking into the car,bad sun roof,water leaking in the trunk… Many other things

god damn i love your car…

DING DING DING! DUE TO PREVIOUS OWNER! NOT VW MKIVNESS!

Zing! :lol